30+ days ago - req26162
Project Leader/ Wafer Clamp Process Development - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking an experienced multi-disciplinary engineer with expertise in metrology, material science, manufacturing processes of glass and ceramics to produce ultra-high precision systems. This person will join the Advanced development center in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and development team focused on process development, proto-typing and industrialization of next generation wafer clamping systems. These processtypically use methods like coating, etching, laser machining, Ion beam figuring; use diagnostics tools like interferometers, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM); and image processing software tools. Specifically, this person will lead the development of tools, software and process needed to create a manufacturable process – including new and rework, that meets the performance over life time of wafer/reticle clamping systems.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Provide leadership & direction to a team up to 20 engineers, physicists andmaterial scientiststo the development of tools, develop design proto-types, software and process needed to create a manufacturable process – including new and rework, that meets the performance over life time of next generation wafer clamping systems. Responsibilities include:
- Plan and prioritize team activities:create detailed plans, define deliverables for the engineers.
- Manage the team structure: Set up a team structure that matches the work content of the work-breakdown structure; Understand an utilize the proper escalation paths and acts accordingly; Understand project interdependencies and manage them effectively.
- Delegate tasks and follow up: Run efficient project meetings; delegate necessary tasks to the team;capture and publish meeting minutes and action items consistently; keep daily control.
- Manage system interdependencies: learn and understand how your technical deliverables interact and link to other subsystems – manage the interdependencies.
- Sufficient technical expertise to help drive technical solutions and solve difficult problems when the arise.
- Risk management: assess (routinely) risks – performance, reliability and cost risks;understand operation risks – plan mitigation actions.
- Routinely prepare and deliver status reports to senior management.
- Routinely interact with cross-sector team and align the plan to ensure ultimate program goals is achieved.
- The candidate must have the capacity to lead cross functional engineers and technicians in executing activities related to complex development of optical/ceramic manufacturing and metrology equipment; The candidate must exhibit complete ownership of the deliverables.
- The candidate must have expertise at anticipating and solving complex problems in manufacturing of wafer/reticle clamping systems; the candidate must have the ability to lead the development team in the use analytical processes (8Ds, fault trees, Ishikawa diagrams, etc.) to develop test plans to determine problem root cause.
Mentoring and coaching:
- Dedicates time and effort to define “bandwidth” limits, selecting, developing, coaching and engaging.
- Recognizes contribution of individual team members.
- Is able to lead collaborative problem solving session with Design Engineers and Architects.
Communication and stakeholder management:
- The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing activitiesto managers and to customers.
- Goals, analyses, proposes, drives problem solving based on clear and timely updates, communicates when deliverables cannot be met and proactively asks for support.
- Shows the flexibility to adapt to different styles.
- Nominal travel ( ~ 15%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
MS in Physics, chemistry & material scientist or other engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Dual degree in a second engineering discipline desired.
- At least 10 years of experience required in working with engineers across disciplines to solve Process and manufacturing issues. Strong emphasis on creative problem solving, effective communication and stake holder management.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints. Responsible, professional communication to senior management at ASML, customer service organization, and with our customer. High energy, high ownership, high level of dedication.
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions.
- Be competent in and/or have affinity with development of optical/ ceramicmanufacturingmethods, metrology equipment, electrical and SW data processing.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability