23 days ago - req26258
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer Source
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
You, Why, What, …
As Supplier Quality Engineer you are responsible for the delivered supplier parts quality, and therefore, in charge of the supplier interface within the D&E project team.
Why SQE-Source group?
- Full assignment to a development project,
and consequently, as integral part of the D&E team, you are 100% responsible for the supplier parts quality.
- Requires a broad general technical knowledge,
as within our group every supplier & every project is different, w.r.t. technology, interface, dynamics, etc., and moreover,
our complex modules contain a large spectrum of competences, such as physics, optics, mechanics, mechatronics, electronics, etc.
- High personal impact due to a high amount of freedom in your personal way of working.
For this job you like to:
1. Take the lead to organize the full way of working around supplier parts quality (processes, issue resolution, team alignment, …),
2. Be a team player with a strong focus on interpersonal relations to secure supplier parts quality,
3. Use your good social skills to build personal relationships: with the supplier interfaces, within the ASML D&E project team, and with your ASML internal customers,
4. Broaden yourself on both leadership skills as well as general technical knowledge.
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. Based on a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce. ASML creates the systems that enable the lithography industry to achieve its goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong support of our suppliers.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer that takes a pivotal role as a linking pin between the ASML D&E development team and the related development team of the supplier, with a primary focus on Parts Quality.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer in the business line EUV D&E you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
The SQE builds, maintains and develops at an operational level a close relation with the supplier to create an optimal engineering collaboration between supplier and ASML. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the Supplier & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of your cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
Within the D&E project the SQE is the primary responsible to ensure Supplier Parts Quality from our suppliers. Using your broad & general technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities.
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities (incl. other SQE colleagues) within the allocated project.
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, however, also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection.
- Deliverables that secure the Supplier Parts Quality in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification by the supplier
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process
- Acceptance of qualified parts
- Process flow and process failure mode effect analysis
- First article inspection
- Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution
- Qualification deviation
- Configuration & change management
- ASML factory disturbances
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
The SQE is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, etc.
Bachelor or master degree in physics, optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or related.
Broad (preferably >5 years) relevant experience in high-tech industry, with complex modules, with a focus on supplier quality management and a broad technical knowledge; i.e. more a generalist than a specialist.
The following personal skills are crucial for a successful execution:
- Initiate, influence and steer without formal authority
- Networker with good negotiating and team building skills
- Strong communicator
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Team player
- Fluent in English
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector BL EUV D&E is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification and trade-offs across sectors.
The group SQE-Source is responsible for the Supplier Parts Quality of multiple complex parts & modules. The majority of the suppliers are larger companies, so OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) suppliers.
The group is part of the EUV Industrialization department.
Depending on the project allocation and supplier this position will require frequent travelling (multiple times per quarter).
Direct reporting is done to the Group Leader of the SQE-Source group.
To be completed