3 days ago - req26391
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Chemistry & materials science
We are strengthening the defectivity team to bring the productivity and customer product yield of our Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) Scanners to the next level. For this we are looking for candidates that feel enthused by challenges of solving performance issues in our unique, high-tech EUV systems. Do you get excited by puzzles on sub-micron scale and problems of multidisciplinary nature? Then we may be looking for you!
As a Defectivity Engineer you will analyse root causes and develop solutions for particle contamination challenges at the reticle in EUV scanners. You will formulate and verify hypotheses on the transport and deposition of these particles. This involves the effects of the EUV-plasma, electrostatics around the reticle, and chemical processes in the scanner. You will use observations and data from our scanners for this, as well as experiments set-up by you and your colleagues.
- Thorough analysis of feedback and data of EUV scanners at our customers. Use of this analysis as input for root cause finding, to solve problems and to improve designs
- Design and execution of experiments and modelling, both in our in-house set-ups as well as in EUV scanners in factories abroad
- Come up with means and methods to achieve results and to share conclusions and recommendations effectively with colleagues in different roles (program, other technical specialists, suppliers, customer support)
- These goals are achieved in small, multidisciplinary teams.
Technical Master or PhD in experimental physics, materials science, chemistry or data-driven engineering.
- Experience with statistics and software tools for data-analysis
- At least half a year of experience in working with a high-tech company, for instance in a joint project or as an internship.
- It is a plus if you have already some knowledge about the manufacturing of semiconductor devices, plasma technology, or electrostatics and some experience with working in a cleanroom.
- You are able to work independently in a dynamic explorative environment
- You are able to effectively assess a complex problem on different physical scales, from various angles, and with incomplete information
- You have strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. You are able to constructively discuss ideas with your colleagues
- You are able to work in a multidisciplinary team
- You transfer knowledge effectively to others
- You have good communicational skills, also under pressure.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader EUV Reticle Defectivity in the Machine Conditioning Development and Engineering Defectivity department and works in the Reticle Front-Side Defectivity Technology project.
The group Reticle Defectivity provides solutions for defectivity for existing as well as for new EUV lithography systems.
This position includes occasional travel to our customers or to other ASML sites.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.