30+ days ago - req26302
Group Lead Development Environment teams
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
We are looking for an experienced Group Lead that can play a key role in bringing our IT Engineering team to the next level. Do you think you’re the right candidate fort his job? In that case we’re looking for you!
You are an excellent people manager in an Agile/SAFe world. You are keen on developing and coaching individuals to become valuable members of high-performing teams. You have a good understanding of the various technical expertise involved in building and maintaining development environments. As a member of the Management Team you will closely collaborate with the Leading Coalition: the Release Train Engineer (RTE), the Chief Product Owner (CPO) and the System Architect (SA) of the Agile Release Train (ART) to balance personal development with delivery. You have an intrinsic drive towards continuous improvement. As a manager you will also be responsible for budgeting, working with suppliers and areas of general interest to your team.
As a Group Lead you will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify staffing needs within the ART, in collaboration with the Leading Coalition.
- Provide staffing for the ART with the required competencies.
- Work towards a stable staffing for the ART (hire/fire/promote/demote).
- Maintain and improve the domain knowledge within your teams.
- Support internal employees with their Development Action Plan (DAP) and provide career coaching.
- Manage supplier relationships, contracting external employees, in consultation with internal parties.
- Delegate of “Portfolio Director” if required.
As we are growing, the teams will be expanded and new teams will be formed. You will play an important role in helping the individuals in this dynamic situation to become successful.
-At least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or equivalent experience.
-Certification in Scaled Agile Framework is a strong plus.
-At least 5 years’ experience with building self-organizing Scrum teams.
-At least 2 years’ experience in a scaled agile environment (SAFe, LeSS, etc).
-Preferably a technical background or a strong interest in technology.
-Experience in managing vendors and external personnel.
-Experience in managing internationally distributed teams.
-Experience in an equivalent environment (size, complexity, industry, domain) is a strong plus.
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Analytic mindset, able to quickly assess issues and their root causes.
- Strategic and creative thinking, solving today’s problems while keeping in mind a long-term plan.
- Agile leadership, good coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator, good at listening. Has diplomatic skills.
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills. Command of the Dutch language is a plus.
Context of the position
In the Engineering IT Software department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2500). The software being developed is deployed to the ASML machines at the customer. This means your team will be working on enabling the heartbeat of some the most advanced technologies on the planet. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artifact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams (located in Veldhoven and Bulgaria) to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.