22 days ago - req26320
Mechatronics Internship: Redesign of an In Build Service Mechanism
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Are you a bachelor student in Mechatronics? Do you have affinity in measurement and control techniques? Are proactive and have excellent communication skills? Then, this internship could be interesting for you!
For our DuV machines, an In Build Service Mechanism (IBSM) has to be redesigned by Development & Engineering (D&E) within the group Mechanical Constructions. This group is responsible for all mechanical related constructions of Deep Ultra Violet (DUV) machines.
This specific IBSM is called Illuminator Positioning Service Mechanism which is an electrical or pneumaticaldriven system being used for lifting the Illuminator. For future we intend to merge from 3 mechanisms to 1 mechanism. Your investigation will identify opportunities to simplify the current system into 1 universal electrical drive unit with 2 frame executions to fit to 2 platforms XT/NXT. This study and its starting point have to be aligned with future needs. You will:
- Review several alternative scenarios from pre study (volume conflicts, actuators, (absolute) encoders, software infra structure) for lift and lock functionality and fit for XT/NXT as well for different lens track lengths;
- Review scenarios with ASML preferred actuator supplier and internal Mechatronic, Electric and Software architects;
- Review progress with Functional Owner D&E and other stakeholders within ASML (D&E Software, Mechatronics, Sourcing);
- Deliver a Preliminary Investigation Report (PIR) documenting feasibility and advice for the steering and control system for the future generation;
- You are a bachelor student in Mechatronics with affinity in measurement and control techniques.
- You are looking to do your bachelor graduation project.
- You are proactive and have excellent communication skills. You are advanced in English both verbal and written.
- You are available to start in the end of August for at least 6 months for 4 to 5 days a week.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
What ASML offers
Your internship will be in one of the leading Dutch corporations, gaining valuable experience in a highly dynamic environment. You will receive a monthly internship allowance based on your educational level and number of days per week, plus a possible housing or travel allowance. More information on the allowances can be found on our website. In addition you will get expert, practical guidance and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic, innovative team environment.
ASML: Be part of progress
We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems.
We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the applications to run them. Never satisfied, we measure our performance in units that begin with pico or nano.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. At ASML we are always pushing technology further.
Students: Getting ready for the real-world
Teamwork is key within ASML. Our R&D team is more than 5,500 people strong and worldwide we form one big team with over 25,000 employees. These colleagues have 123 different nationalities and work at our major sites on three continents.
Dozens of diverse, interdisciplinary teams work in parallel to meet a challenging development schedule. In this inspiring environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country, or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is your opportunity to get to know this world and get a feel for that excites you most. Use your education, gain real-life working experience and explore the world of high-tech – all at the same time.
How will you be part of progress?