30+ days ago - req26330
Quality Engineering Manager - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager to manage the factory Quality Engineering team here in Wilton Connecticut. The QE team is part of the Quality department within the Operational Excellence and Wilton Operations organization. This person will lead a team of quality engineers who have the responsibility to further develop defect prevention strategies and programs such as SPC and pFMEA for Wilton’s new and existing products. These products include optical, opto-mechanical, opto-electronic, electronic, mechanical and mechatronic systems, sub-systems and components.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity in our Wilton, Connecticut facility to join our Quality Team. In this position you will be responsible for the following key duties:
Lead a team of Quality Engineers responsible for prevention programs including:
-Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma:
- Champion and contribute to development of variation reduction strategy and data driven improvement.
- Formulate and implement guidelines for cross sector approach.
- Monitor and assess SPC adoption and effectiveness in Wilton Manufacturing, Production Engineering in both module build and optical fab.
- Drive and develop program improvements related to all elements including cross sector team maturity, implementation process, training, data collection and analysis means, individual and team contributor recognition.
- Ensure Wilton Operations input at SPC Competence sessions with other worldwide ASML sectors and factories for the development of ASML SPC standards.
- Drive improvements to SPC IT Tooling for Wilton factory.
- Organize cross sector deep dive reviews on process implementations.
- Periodic reporting to management on achievements, plans, strategy and status.
- Oversee pFMEA planning and execution for manufacturing processes.
- Drive increased adoption use of pFMEA as a prevention tool.
- Develop and lead improvement strategies on the pFMEA way of working.
- Maintain and further establish connection with dFMEA in Development and Engineering.
-Advise, develop, plan and execute other quality improvement and awareness initiatives for Wilton Factory such as Lean 6 Sigma.
-Further develop strategy for Quality Engineering group.
-People management responsibilities include overall development of expertise within the Quality Engineering team as well ascoaching, training, performance management, and assignment of projects.
-Occasional travel to Europe, Asia, and within the US depending on business need.
Bachelors degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Industrial Engineering, Applied Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, Quality, or Mechatronic Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years increasing experience in quality engineering, statistical process control, MSA and other defect prevention tools in a hi-tech manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching ability in quality, projects, and/or line management.
- Solid knowledge and application of structured problem solving, variation reduction and improvement methodologies like 8D and Lean Six Sigma.
- ASQ CQE, CMQ/OE and 6 sigma Black belt a plus.
- Challenges status quo in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Agile and adapting in approach when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborates with various department organizational levels to achieve consensus.
- Ability to summarize detail results into effective management summaries/reports.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple project tasks.
- Proactive mindset.
- Effective meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical ability with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of mechanical or optical assembly manufacturing processes.
- Ability to assess effective root cause and corrective action.
- Project management skills.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability