30+ days ago - req26316
Research Project Leader / Technical leader
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical leadership capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
ASML Research is looking for a Project Leader who will be responsible for feasibilities studies extending the current EUV tool roadmaps. This key project is in close cooperation with internal ASML departments like System Engineering, Strategic Business Development, Marketing and Development & Engineering, but also with external strategic ASML partners , Research institutes. Goal of the project isto determine technical and economic feasibility of options for extending our NXE and EXE roadmaps as well as our next platforms.
You steer the multi-disciplinary project team towards the feasibility and deliverables which are aligned with key suppliers, internal customers and stakeholders. The team is a mix of members from the above mentioned ASML departments and external parties. Together with the Architect and team you identify technical and economical options and check the feasibility of these options, by determine the risks and opportunities and set and execute the strategy to mitigate these risks.
MSc. Or PhD degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- Proven track record on technical leadership in a multi-disciplinary high-tech environment.
- Proven track record in architect or system engineering role of high-tech equipment in the past.
- Extensive knowledge of EUV Lithography tools.
- Affinity with as well technical as economical aspects of high tech equipment.
- Experience in low TRL level feasibility studies.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Able to maintain overview and create an organized structure in a complex landscape.
- Excellent stakeholder management, building relationships with our internal customers and key suppliers.
- Team-player that can use different leadership styles.
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people, also at higher management levels.
- Good analytical skills to cope with complex products, machine modules or issues.
Context of the position
This position is part of the Research department of ASML. Its task is to identify and fill the technological gaps in the future roadmap of the lithography and metrology market. Next to this create technical and economical feasible options to secure the long-term future of ASML. We work in small teams and deliver a proof of concept that can be transferred to Development and Engineering. We intensively work together internal ASML and with external research institutes and universities.
ASML Research offers an informal work atmosphere, opportunities to develop your soft and hard skills and a good position to move to other ASML departments in the long run.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Keywords: Research, Project Leader; Product/Module development; Multi-disciplinary environment; Technical Leadership; Technical feasibility: Economical feasibility; Stakeholder management;