30+ days ago - req26465
Architect/Analyst Vacuum Systems
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering
You combine a strong analytical and conceptual mind with a pragmatic attitude. You are able to work independently in a dynamic and complex environment, taking the lead and inspiring your colleagues in going the extra mile. You possess a resilient personality, with both feet on the ground, qualifying you as an individual not easy to overlook. You see the big picture without missing the important details and you have experience with managing complex deliverables.
If you recognize yourself in the above, then we are looking for you! Join our enthusiastic and committed team in developing the vacuum solutions for our next generation of EUV scanners and bring ASML’s vacuum competence to the next level!
We are looking for an experienced Vacuum expert to strengthen the project team.
In this position you are responsible for the conceptualization, specification and functional integration ofthe EUV scanner vacuum architecture and/or its subsystems. You are the technical expert for an important part of ASML’s EUV lithography platform, interfacing with most of the scanner modules.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
In this position you are working on the translation of the overall system design into a gas flow & vacuum architecture that secures the requirements for sustained transmission over the scanner optics lifetime and suppression of molecular and particle contamination, throughout the optical column and beyond. You analyze data, create the budgets for flow & pressure as well as particle and molecular contamination. You define model and design validation tests on the exposure tool or on offline test setups and evaluate the measurement results to set the path forward and come up with new solutions that take us to the next level. Where needed, you will negotiate with other projects to optimize the specifications and work out X-project solutions to complex problems. Next to your experience in gas flows and particle transport you also have good knowledge of vacuum systems and components that enables you to make the right design choices to achieve the challenging targets for cleanliness and machine availability. You make sure that the architecture or subsystem is working as intended, by involvement from the early design phase until the final integration, together with your team.
Finally, with your expertise you contribute to the knowledge growth of our group, working together and coaching your team members.
- Translate overall system design into a gas flow & vacuum architecture that secures the requirements for sustained transmission over the scanner optics lifetime and suppression of molecular and particle contamination
- Design gas flow architecture and implementation proposals in EUV litho tool, quantify (predictive & experimental) the performance, create design specifications on gas flow, (partial) pressure and outgassing
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of architecture or subsystem
- Steer modeling, analyses and calculations to predict and evaluate the functionality of the flow architecture or subsystems
- Take care of the functional integration of the architecture or subsystem: prove, document and present its proper functioning with offline and machine tests
- Be a critical partner to our internal and external customers, provide direction and advise on solutions
- Contribute to the group competence growth by research, experimental testing and/or cooperation with external research partners.
PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- 5-7 years work experience in industry in related area in technical complex environment
- Experience with gas flow transport phenomena and/or aerodynamics engineering
- You have theoretical and practical experience in vacuum systems and applications related to the field of vacuum and sub-atmospheric gas flows
- Experience with vacuum component selection and vacuum system design
- Experience with system integration and qualification in the fab and at customer site, experience in the semiconductor industry is a plus
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment, stress resilience
- Organize your work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- You are an enthusiastic personality with a creative mindset and can-do mentality
- You stand your ground in discussions with your customers and suppliers
- Good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the Vacuum Architecture group specifies, designs and delivers vacuum & gas flow based EUV scanner solutions and controls to secure high and stable EUV transmission of the optical column while protecting the in-vacuum optics, reticles & wafers from molecular and particle contamination.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.