28 days ago - req26545
Mechanical Lead Engineer (Manufacturing and Service Tooling)
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Are you eager to further develop your technical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take ownership for the specification, design and qualification of precision tools enabling manufacturing, qualification and field service of ASML modules. The tools are expected to be reliable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture and service within the restrictions imposed by costs and planning considerations.
The Lead Engineer reports to the group manager for Manufacturing and Service Tooling and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
As a Lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of precision tooling, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the design and interface cross-project with other lead engineers and architects
- Set-up specifications wrt tooling for functional requirements in the area of manufacturing and service.
- Create and validate new concepts; make sure there is consensus with stakeholders.
- Comply to precision mechanical construction principles and competence standards.
- Prepare and commit to planning for tooling, matching the project needs.
- Optimize the design, with a team of designers.
- Establish supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Define and execute qualification tests, verifying the tooling performance compared to the specifications.
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Track record of applying precision mechanical construction principles and generating new designs and technical concepts.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers.
- Excellent knowledge in the field of manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers.
- Experienced in 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experienced in evaluating FEM / mechanical analysis results. Optional: Experienced in working with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of tooling design.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out).
- Eager to drive own development.
- Fluent in English, eager to learn Dutch (if applicable).
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Manufacturing and Service Tooling is responsible for the specification, engineering and qualification of tooling that is required for manufacturing and servicing of ASML modules (enabling e.g. precision adjustments, qualification).
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.