16 days ago - req26536
Physics Design Engineer - Focus Performance EUV
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others - then the ASML System Performance department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
As a Focus Engineer you will be a key player in making the performance of our scanners meet our customer’s demands. You will be responsible for predicting Focus performance of our future scanners or enhancement products, and qualify, troubleshoot and optimize Focus performance of EUV scanners.
Our customers make computer chips and our lithography systems enable this by imaging the customer products on their wafers. Key performance parameters to achieve this are the absolute Focus of the system, the Focus depth and the Focus stability.
You will be technically challenged to understand the complex system, all its dependencies and define new Focus solutions to improve it. You will be responsible to design, create, test and integrate Focus solutions within the boundaries defined by the system specifications.
Your analysis skills will be required during the system integration phase as variations in expected system performance levels emerge in this phase.
You will cooperate with colleagues within the Focus group, with colleagues delivering scanner modules that can impact Focus as well as with representatives from the factory and field.
- Enable Focus solutions; by integrating, analyzing and supporting the design and application of complex system performance and (sub)system functionality
- Specify the necessary Focus requirements, test methodology and functionality within the system, in order to achieve the desired system performance
- Create Focus Test Performance Specifications (TPS) & review TPSs created by other DE groups with possible Focus impact
- Create recipes specific for Focus TPSs and customer specific requests (CSR)
- Monitor and analyze field (population) data to identify trends and initiate Focus improvement proposals
Troubleshoot (complex) Focus issues from factory & customers
Solid Technical background: Master or PhD in physics, applied mathematics or engineering
- 0-2 years of engineering experience in a multidisciplinary technical environment
- Previous work experience or study-direction related to system level is preferable
- Experience in MATLAB
- The drive and enthusiasm to achieve tangible results
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity, initiative and team spirit
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department System Performance is responsible for timely and cost-effective qualification of overlay, focus, imaging and productivityfor functional modules, machines and customer applications. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.