15 days ago - req26563
System Integration Satellite Engineering Lead
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Integration Satellite Team supports development, and integration of next-generation source system for the creation and control of EUV light into the Scanner system.Satellite team performs analysis, verification, and trouble-shooting on complex laser, opto-mechanical, vacuum, safety PLC, mechanical, tooling, Computer Infrastructure and SW systems.The team is also responsible for system integration and optimization, data acquisition, data analysis, module and sub-system validation, issue resolution management, test plan development, test analysis reports, and remote and on-site field support for customer escalations.Team represent the development and engineering (D&E) projects in San Diego and be the primary interface to the projects which are based in the Netherlands.
As the Group Team Lead (GTL) of the Satellite group, we are looking for an individual who can contribute individually while leading a team whose focus is product and group roadmap development and building a long term strategy to bring overall Satellite leadership to San Diego.
As GTL, the focus is on working with Project Leads and engineers to supportand create plans for verification ofHW/SW for our supported projects, and validating the results. Responsibilities include leading engineering teams, management, risk analysis, design documentation review, critical path analysis, definition of scope, schedule management, project review, and execution of the Product Development Process with a cross functional team. The GTL will also drive for quality of the team deliverables. As an individual contributor, this position will also be responsible for establishing processes, executing projects for theSatellite Engineering team.
- Together with Group lead, leads part of the satellite team.
- Conducts routine 1 on 1 performance management and development meetings with assigned engineers
- Assists in group roadmap development and execution
- Prepares and delivers performance evaluations
- Empowers the team
- Drives quality of workmanship within the team by monitoring and self-engaging with the team, take feedback from stakeholders and provide feedback to team members
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (managers, engineers, program, project leads, customer support, manufacturing, upper management, marketing), crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- Communicates and aligns with cross functional stakeholders globally
- Leads definition of team processes where applicable and also continuously looks for ways to improve existing processes
- Executes successful hiring, onboarding, training, mentoring, and career development of team members.
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external team related meetings with stakeholders
- Manages escalations (personnel, line, program) and ensures all stakeholders are aligned on path forward
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats
- Works according to, and enforces, set safety standards in and outside of the cleanroom
- Travels to VHV main office and customer sites, when needed (<20% travel)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering or related technical degree.
- A minimum of six (6) years total experience with five (5) years previous Engineering experience as individual contributor followed by a minimum of five (5) years project or people management experience.
- Product development experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources and direct reports.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with an advanced understanding of internal/external customer relationship building.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to assess and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- High level technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the variety of engineering teams our team represents to be involved in project work.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to adapt processes to reduce inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- Understanding of escalation management.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Understanding of product development lifecycle & engineering change control processes and tools.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability