30+ days ago - req26606
Electrical Engineer- Entry Level
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Own design, implementation and validation of highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create electronic systems, validation plans and test infrastructure. Contribute to technical roadmap planning, promote innovation and incorporate relevant new technologies and methodologies into the design and integration processes.
- Design electrical and electronic components to meet the overall system specifications, costs and schedule.
- Partner with other disciplines and suppliers to ensure the timely realization of reliable and serviceable products.
- Participate in the definition of system specifications.
- Select right hardware architecture to facilitate the efficient implementation of required functionality within a complex high-precision system with multiple interdependencies.
- Participate in the adoption of best design practices and in realization of state-of-the-art hardware architectures and design methods.
BSEE required, MSEE or PhD.
0-5 Years’ experience
A structured problem solving approach.
Experience in some of the following areas:
- Low and High Speed Digital and analog circuit design fundamentals.
- Electronic design; hands-on experience in design, component evaluation and selection, design validation and qualification.
- Schematic capture and simulation tools.
- PCB Design.
- Experience with board, module and system level electronic troubleshooting.
- Experience with engineering test equipment such as logic analyzers and bus analyzers.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling and connectivity, EMC, electronic safety and other system-level concepts.
- Electrical Cabinet Design.
- Embedded Systems.
- Programmable Logic Controllers.
- FPGA tooling including synthesis, building, timing analysis and simulation.
- Architecting and coding/verification of FPGAs using VHDL and System Verilog.
- Knowledgeable in programming languages as C, C++ and Python
Context of the position
To be completed
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard,
finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability