25 days ago - req26652
Field Service Engineer - PAS platform - based in Londonderry, Northern Ireland, UK
In a nutshell
Bellshill, Great Britain
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide microchip makers with everything they need – hardware, software and services – to mass produce patterns on silicon through lithography.
Are you challenged by complex technical products and realizing improvement processes in a customer service environment? Are you able to analyze and understand failure modes of technical parts and determine possible root causes together with a team of technical experts? Do you have a quality mind-set? Do you like hands-on mechatronics troubleshooting? If so, then a job as Field Service Engineer within ASML Business Line Mature Products & Services (BL MPS) team may be right for you!
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer site and for the necessary transfer of knowledge to the customer.
- Install equipment at customer’s locations, including new equipment, upgrades and system relocations on PAS platform;
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs. Work with co-workers, the customer and technical support in isolating and solving problems;
- Monitor, maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems;
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions in a timely manner;
- Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment. Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner;
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, which include procedure changes, pass-downs, work orders and field service, system problem and monthly reports;
- Independently and accurately prepare written technical reports;
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML personnel as necessary.
We prefer a Bachelor degree in Mechatronics as highest obtained educational degree, but an Associate degree (/post-secondary vocational education) with the right work experience is also possible.
- At least 3 years of experience in a hands-on technical engineering job (e.g. as a Field Service Engineer, Customer Support Engineer, Maintenance Technician or Repair Technician);
- Experience working as a traveling Engineer is a plus;
- Strong customer focus and commitment to Customer Satisfaction;
- Experience working according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines;
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software;
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy;
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and the customer.
- Solid service, process, project and change management skills;
- Strong technical background with a drive towards solutions;
- Problem analysis skills;
- Excellent professional communication in English;
- Pro-active and a strong drive for results;
- Zero defect quality mindset;
- Flexible and able to work in changing environments (no 9-5 mentality);
- Strong influencing skills (able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization - influencing without power);
- Able to act under high pressure;
- Affinity with logistic processes.
Context of the position
- The position is for a job based in Londonderry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. Our on-site support assignment is based at a customer premises close to Londonderry. In case you do not live nearby, you are willing to relocate to the area;
- The position is part of the BL MPS department that is responsible for the entire installed base of steppers and scanners;
- The position has a local on-site support assignment and a travel assignment;
- You are required to work at customer premises and travel on a temporary base within the country and abroad to provide the necessary support and maintenance to clients of ASML. It may also require to do shift work. Travel assignment estimation is 65% of the working time during the travel assignment.