30+ days ago - req26699
Software Industrial Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide microchip makers with everything they need – hardware, software and services – to mass produce patterns on silicon through lithography.
This vacancy is within the Software Infrastructure and Computer Systems (SICS) Industrialization team. The SICS department is delivering computer systems, operating systems, facilities and tools for the ASML product and provides the basic developmentplatform to other groups in ASML.
The SICS department is using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) for the software development activities.
Industrial engineering focus on optimizing the introduction of new products and maintenance of existing products for the ASML factory and the ASML customers.
As an Industrial Engineer (IE) you are the linking pin between the development organization and users of the products in the ASML factory and the field. The Industrial Engineers specify operational requirements, co-design new products and introduce new products and processes. In these activities you stay connected to the users in the ASML factory and the field and use their feedback to continuously improve.
In the ASML product life cycle, the Industrial Engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Represent Customer Support (CS) and the factory in the co-design phase to ensure that service and manufacturing requirements are included in the design;
- Take care of new product introduction towards the factory and field organization;
- Collect feedback from factory and field and propose structural improvements towards development team;
- Contribute and review technical documentation to define and describe the Industrialization impact;
- Define documentation, spare parts and tooling for the global service organization;
- Transfer knowledge from development to factory and local service organization;
- Analyze global product performance and define improvements.
Bachelor or Master degree in Industrialization, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics or other related studies.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an industrial engineer, preferably in a high-tech environment;
- Experience with hardware (computer systems) and software engineering;
- Experience with writing and maintaining service procedures;
- Experience in interacting with stakeholders and translating their needs to requirements or improvements;
- Experience with the agile way of working;
- Experience with industrialization impact assessment and deliverables;
- Factory experience in installation and adjusting complex systems is preferred;
- Field experience in installation and servicing complex systems is preferred.
- You have excellent social and communication skills in English;
- You are able to work independently;
- You are a strong collaborator enabling your team to meet their goals;
- You are pro-active and reach out to all relevant stakeholders within and outside the department;
- You take ownership, challenge others and think out-of-the-box;
- You are willing to travel to the field to meet the Service Engineers using your deliverables;
- You are analytical and can set priorities in your day-to-day activities.
Context of the position
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
International travel around 10% of your time.