30+ days ago - req26798
Data Science | Computer Science | Engineering Internship: Matlab embedding in server application
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering, Data science, Other technical job categories
Are you bachelor or master student with background in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics or Mathematics? Are experienced in Java and Matlab? Are you open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology? then this internship could be interesting to you!
In Business Line Applications, we create application products that run in most modern semiconductor fabs in the world. Our department develops, integrates, and qualify functional modules in products used to monitor and control of on-product performance under high-volume manufacturing conditions.
Our product is high availability server based application running complex mathematical algorithms to control manufacturing fabs. Some of these algorithms are built in Matlab programming language. Your assignment is:
- Investigate how to integrate Matlab functions in this server application, mainly in Java, so that they work seamlessly and with high performance. Performance / speed is key.
- Design interfaces of Matlab functions so that they can interact with other tasks and share data within the server reliably.
- Implement proof of concept.
- Benchmark performance of various integration options.
- You are a bachelor or master student with background in Computer Science, Data Science, Science and Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- You are experience in Java and Matlab.
- A plus if you have experience with object-oriented or functional programming.
- You are familiar with server / cloud architecture (e.g. Apache Spark).
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You take ownership, self-initiating, take a pro-active attitude with result focus and a can-do spirit.
This is a bachelor or master apprentice internship for 3-5 days a week with a duration of a minimum 4 months.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship
What ASML offers
Your internship will be in one of the leading Dutch corporations, gaining valuable experience in a highly dynamic environment. You will receive a monthly internship allowance based on your educational level and number of days per week, plus a possible housing or travel allowance. More information on the allowances can be found on our website. In addition you will get expert, practical guidance and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic, innovative team environment.
ASML: Be part of progress
We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems.
We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the applications to run them. Never satisfied, we measure our performance in units that begin with pico or nano.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. At ASML we are always pushing technology further.
Students: Getting ready for the real-world
Teamwork is key within ASML. Our R&D team is more than 5,500 people strong and worldwide we form one big team with over 25,000 employees. These colleagues have 123 different nationalities and work at our major sites on three continents.
Dozens of diverse, interdisciplinary teams work in parallel to meet a challenging development schedule. In this inspiring environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country, or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is your opportunity to get to know this world and get a feel for that excites you most. Use your education, gain real-life working experience and explore the world of high-tech – all at the same time.
How will you be part of progress?