You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Leader Mechanical Development (Talent Pool)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Optical engineering
Please be aware this is a generic job opening description. If you are interested and apply, Recruitment & Hiring Managers are checking for their actual job openings for this profile and you will be pro-actively contacted and guided towards such job openings.
In the position of Group Leader (GL), you and your team are key contributors to the development of ASML’s lithographic products. You are driving the development based on the roadmap and in cooperation with multidisciplinary group and cross sector representatives.
As GL, you will align technology choices, roadmap, specification, design and qualification of solutions with the Functional Cluster Owner, within the boundaries imposed by process and planning. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team and participate in reviewing designs. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance. You will be reporting to the department manager.
- You lead a group of approximately 30-35 engineers. Your focus is on their development and employability, on cooperation and the realization of the group objectives.
- You are accountable for the management and development of individual competence according to a predefined set of targets. You define and implement the competence and resource roadmap for your group and you are capable to maintain a stable focus.
- You are responsible for delivery to program via projects, priority setting and team structuring. You interact with project leaders and architect (3-iab) in the development programs and organize allocation of staff in line with program needs. You review project plans and proactively support project realization. You monitor and decide on allocation of finances to remain within budget restrictions.
Master in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Precision-, Micro-, Nano- engineering.
- Experience in managing a group of technical professionals.
- Affinity with managing cross sectoral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to provide technical direction for a team of professional designers.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
There are over 28,000 ASML employees on payroll and flexible contracts, spread across offices in more than 60 cities in 16 countries. The company’s headquarters, located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, comprises over half of all employees – over 14,000 people work there.
Find out more about ASML and link to information on our technology, products, and how we operate:
For a visual journey into the world of ASML, have a look at our YouTube channel:
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
We aim to have your job application reviewed by Recruitment and the responsible Manager within a week’s time. You will be contacted by Recruitment on the outcome of this assessment.
Before you accept the job offer and commence on your onboarding journey, we typically aim to have two rounds of interviews in which you will speak with at least your future colleague, team lead and manager – followed by the (Talent Exploration) assessment and an interview with Human Resources.