30+ days ago - req26717
Hardware Development Project Lead
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you take the lead in driving complex hardware projects to a successful delivery? Do you have the technical background to lead a multidisciplinary team of mechatronics, mechanics, thermal, electronics and software professionals? To lead the design and improvement projects of our modules in co-operation with one of our key suppliers? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you!
Role and responsibilities
As project leader you will manage a group of highly professional engineers with academic backgrounds and many years’ experience in the industry.
You and your team take responsibility for the development of mechatronic systems, consisting of hardware (mechanics, electronics) and (embedded) software for ASML’s lithographic products. You are driving the project team internal at ASML and towards the supplier, from specification through system integration and towards release for volume.
- Establish a cross-sector project team and secure cross sector deliverables.
- Create and maintain project plans and proactively drive project realization.
- Get interdependencies clear with sub- & neighboring projects. Pro-actively manage them. Keep intensive contact with other projects.
- Manage the delivery of designs in your team that meet the requirements of the ASML development program.
- Review technical solutions proposed, manage time, quality and budget as well as the risks in your project.
- Work with team-leaders who take operational responsibility within the project under your supervision.
- Provide regular updates on the status of your project to key stakeholders and management.
Education and experience
- Technical University degree in Mechanical engineering, Control, Dynamics, Electrical engineering or Applied Physics.
- At least 8 years of experience with mechatronic design, preferably within ASML or in related high tech industry.
- At least 5 years experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software as team lead or project lead.
- Solid technical background (both theoretical and practical) in one or more of the following disciplines: mechatronics, mechanics or electronics.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
- Team player, highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and a good communicator, able to think and act on a strategic level.
- Able to think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
- Lead and work with a multidisciplinary team, give direction and motivate
- Convince others of your ideas.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Fluent in English language.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This is an open application for a role as a Project Lead role within our Development & Engneering sector, Bottom cluster. ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio. Bottom cluster develops the bottom module of any ASML machine and focuses on Mechatronics, Position Measurement and Sensors expertise. Please know that several groups within this cluster are expanding. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity.
Some of the position within the cluster might require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.