18 days ago - req26784
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical architecture expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? If so, then the job of Mechanical Architect in the EUV Source at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products.
In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics and Machine Conditioning specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competence or functions in ASML equipment.
Deliver high level mechanical system architecture that enables the optimal functionality and cost effective engineering of new systems.
Position in the organization
The Architect reports to the project leader Mechanical Development EUV Source and the Functional Architect and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Working on the architecture of one or more developments or issues, working together with other mechanical experts in a project setting, continuously improving the quality of mechanical designs.
Is responsible for specifying and implementation of specific mechanical functions of the EUV Source, working together with the architect, lead engineer, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems. On top of this you will be responsible for the design in ‘extreme’ environments, dealing with liquid tin under high pressure.
- Creation and investigation of mechanical concept design for Tin Supply and Refill. Discuss with project members, sectors and peer experts. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements.
- Validate concepts on high level requirements regarding availability amongst others.
- Definition of high level modules and related technical interfaces. Monitor that projects stay within agreed specifications. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts.
- Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups
- Contribute to system roadmaps.
- Coaching and training on the job of mechanical engineers in the team.
- Setting direction in and deployment of the Way of Working (a.o. using V-model, PGP process, design reviews,..)
- Ensure proper competence management within the group, teaming up with the mechanical competence within MDEV.
- Specifies and designs the Tin Supply and Refill modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems of the EUV Source.
- Is a technical leader to define the solution and guide several engineers as well as managing supplier feedback.
- Is concerned with the application of precision mechanical construction principles .
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
MSc degree in Mechanical engineering.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience.
- ASML experience is a strong preference
- NX experience is preferred
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expert knowledge of precision engineering is a must
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of precision parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his own development.
- Fluent in English
- Show ownership in not only implementing a module, but a function.
Context of the position
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
Key words: Mechanical, mechanics, vacuum, design, precision engineering