You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechanical Development Architect (Talent Pool)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Optical engineering, Mechatronics
Please be aware this is a generic job opening description. If you are interested and apply, Recruitment & Hiring Managers are checking for their actual job openings for this profile and you will be pro-actively contacted and guided towards such job openings.
Take the lead in the mechanical development, qualification and integration of a module according to make it meet agreed requirements, using your skills in the application of mechanical design principles, opto-mechanics and mechatronics.
- Owns and works on modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
- Interfaces with the project leader, multi-disciplinary function architects, cross sector lead engineers, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable accurate, reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems.
- Technical interface with co-developers and suppliers, ensures early supplier involvement for manufacturability of the module
- Knows and applies precision engineering solution principles and in particular mechanical construction principles .
- Supports the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes test equipment and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Is responsible for quality of the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
- Contributes to ASML systems roadmaps.
Master in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Precision-, Micro-, Nano- engineering, mechatronics or robotics.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in design of precision mechanics, in a High Tech Systems environment.
- Knowledge of design principles, tolerance analysis and calculations.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Abstract and out of the box-thinking; helicopter view.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural setting.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive own development.
- Fluent in English, eager to learn Dutch.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
The Mechanical Architect reports to the project and group leader and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
There are over 28,000 ASML employees from 120 nationalities, spread across offices in more than 60 cities in 16 countries. The company’s headquarters, located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, comprises over half of all employees – over 14,000 people work there.
Find out more about ASML and link to information on our technology, products, and how we operate:
For a visual journey into the world of ASML, have a look at our YouTube channel:
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
We aim to have your job application reviewed by Recruitment and the responsible Manager within a week’s time. You will be contacted by Recruitment on the outcome of this assessment.
Before you accept the job offer and commence on your onboarding journey, we typically aim to have two rounds of interviews in which you will speak with at least your future colleague, team lead and manager – followed by the (Talent Exploration) assessment and an interview with Human Resources.