1 day ago - req26877
Manufacturing & Equipment Engineer EUV Illumination
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy-efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating the lithography tools the industry needs to achieve its current and future goals.
We are looking for an Industrial Engineer (IE) Illumination that takes a pivotal role within our D&E EUV Optical Column Industrialization group, interfacing towards ASML’s EUV Factory and Customer Support organizations.
As an Industrial Engineer Illumination in the D&E EUV Optical Column department, you will be operating in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment as a member of the Industrialization group.
You will be responsible for the definition and realization of a part of the production process of the Illuminator optical module in the EUV factory. You will also be responsible for the definition and realization of a part of the installation and service process of our lithography machines at ASML’s customers. You should maintain an excellent engineering collaboration with highly trained engineers (mechanics, mechatronics, electronics, software, optics) of Development & Engineering, assemblers, testers and machine fathers of the EUV factory, field service engineers of Customer Support and support organizations such as Logistics. You have a broad technical knowledge, are an analytical thinker and possess excellent people skills.
You will be the focal point between the Development & Engineering, EUV Factory and Customer Support organizations. You will ensure the optimal production and servicing of ASML’s latest EUV lithography machines with respect to the Illumination machine function. You will also ensure that industrialization requirements, such as manufacturability, usability and serviceability are properly taken into account in the designs of new hardware and software solutions.
Your responsibilities include:
- Review technical (SEG) documentation and HW/SW designs (machine parts, tools, packaging, SW tests and drivers) and provide design input with respect to industrialization. Participate in SRAs and FMEAs.
- Ensure a smooth introduction of new Illumination software solutions.
- Define and realize (part of) a sequence of assembly, qualification, installation, service and/or recovery steps from the perspective of Illumination.
- Write and verify procedures for EUV Factory and Customer Support personnel.
- Provide troubleshooting information, such as OCAPs, PCSs and DDFs.
- Maintain a status overview of service and manufacturing tools, (spare) parts and procedures.
- Provide support (hands-on, if applicable) for factory and customer issues. Drive continuous improvement by translating lessons learned back into process and design improvements.
- Manage both Availability and Cycle Time for the Illumination function and report on the actuals.
- Transfer knowledge to factory and field engineers.
- Have the ability to define requirements for a new, simple functionality (HW/SW) and test this functionality once it is realized.
Master degree in physics, optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electronics (or other relevant technical background).
- 3-7 years of experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is preferred, but not required.
- ASML experience with manufacturing, service and/or integration activities is an advantage.
We expect you to be a good communicator, team player, self-starter, to take initiative and to be results oriented. You have a broad interest in technology (both in a theoretical and practical sense). You are committed and flexible. You have the ability to effectively influence your stakeholders to successfully get our designs and manufacturing and service processes to a higher level.
Incidental traveling to ASML’s customers in Asia or the US might be required in this role.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department D&E EUV Optical Column is responsible for the delivery of the Illumination, Projection, Dose Control and Collection functions for EUV. The department supplies highly trained people, means and methods and technology to secure these deliveries in all the different product phases.
The holder of this position is reporting to the Group Leader of the D&E EUV Optical Column Industrialization group.
To be completed