17 days ago - req26916
Business development manager for mature markets
Sales & marketing
In a nutshell
Shanghai - TCN, China
Sales & marketing
Do you have a strong client focus and do you commit to delivering the highest possible value solutions? Do you enjoy developing a (value-based) business development strategy in a high-tech environment? If so, please read more about this great opportunity!
Your mission is to contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of ASML’s market position in DUV scanners. The market segment ≥ 40nm nodes has been investigated in the past year and based upon the analysis it has been decided to create a dedicated business development team to offer solutions, including MtM (More than Moore) options in combination with scanner, where needed define creative business models and make use of ASML application knowledge, with the objective to gain a larger market share in this segment.
You provide customer requirements back to the MtM product manager, construct business cases and drive projects with customers in Asia from early engagement to after care of business deals.Cooperation with other XT Product Managers, Mature market product manager, Corporate Marketing and applicable ASML Management is required in order to secure and extend ASML’s market position and create customer and client values.
The candidate will be based in the Asia, with preference in China and report to the Sr manager Business Development, Business Line DUV.
This specific vacancy will mainly focus on200 and 300mm XT:4 platform systems and corresponding options. Current insights show an opportunity for a yearly sales volume in the range of 10-40 systems.
Thus, we are searching for a Business Development manager able to:
- Define the engagement strategy for a specific Customer Fab in Asia by defining customer requirements. Creating the available scenario's based upon the ASML product portfolio, including financial assessment, SWOT analysis and go in strategy.
- Develop knowledge of the specific application markets and become a discussion partner for the customer in steering and guiding the business development process.
- Translating customer requirements into gaps in the ASML product portfolio and provide feedback to the Product Manager MtM options including business case analysis and customer value.
- Contribute to create a 2025 Vision for DUV Business Development, both for the required products and business models.
Interact regularly with customers on the value of the whole product portfolio. Solicit continuously for improvements in products and related extensions and additions.
- Travel up to 30-40% of the time.
- Master’s degree or similar, preferably in engineering or physics
- A MBA or similar education would be a plus
- In-depth technical understanding of advanced lithography equipment
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments
- Outstanding intuition and understanding in sales / marketing; can manage the full productization cycle and achieve cost effectiveness leveraging business / commercial acumen
- Culture fit is crucial: must show extraordinary resilience, discipline, and agility with strong sense of urgency to react and implement business decisions promptly and accurately in the fast-changing environment
- Experience in interfacing with customers, including managing controversial and difficult situations
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings in high ambiguity environments
- Ability to lead cross-sectoral teams towards a common goal
- Working experience in development, operations or customer support would also be helpful for this position
- Fluency in English
- Strong personality, team player, decisiveness, initiative, giving direction, influencing without power
- Excellent presentation, communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong client focus and commitment to excellence
- Self-starter, goal oriented, high-level of professionalism
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills
- Solution minded, precise and practical.
Context of the position
Within ASML the Business Lines are accountable for the development and marketing of the ASML products. The Business Development manager is responsible toinitiate and close deals in close cooperation with the Sales team in the area of 1. Growing dry demand, 2. Competition tool replacements and 3. ASML systems replacements with XT dry systems. The Business Development manager to continuously challenged to maintain the right balance between thebest solution for the customer and ASML, short term and long term solutions, to ensure that ASML is chosen as the preferred partner, now and in the future.