30+ days ago - req26995
Manufacturing - Production Engineering Manager - Tainan
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Do you excel in managing and motivating others in technically challenging and complex projects? Do you have the ability to predict problems before they happen? ...And drive solutions! If so, a career as ASML Production Engineering manager in Tainan factory awaits you.
ASML, a market leader in the semiconductor lithography equipment, is looking to fill the role of Manager within the Production Engineering Team of Tainan Factory. The role will require managerial and technical leadership for 2-3 production engineering team leaders, while each team leader manages 10-15 engineers directly. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background to be able to assume the leadership responsibilities. This is a very technical group where a complex engineering background and analytic thought are as important as inspiring leadership and people development.
As a PE Manager you will prepare the factory for a smooth production process of some of the most complex machines ever built – the eBeam metrology product from ASML.
You will be accountable for the quality, technical integrity, and planning for on time execution of deliverables. Meet regularly one on one with your team leaders and key talents and hold regular team meetings to provide mentoring, coaching, and career development guidance. Collect feedback, provide input to salary and promotion decisions, and deliver annual performance evaluations. You will also be challenged to identify and lead continuous improvement projects that improve the way of working, increase collaboration, and streamline our ASML processes.
- Lead the PE team to ensure the knowledge transfer, proto/pilot build and new process industrialization of the NPI products designed in VHV, SJ and BJ are smoothly transferred to Tainan factory (e.g. common platform NPI transfer)
- Assist to industrialize the proto and/or pilot production, create way of workings and prepare for ramping up and high volume production
- Secures required resources in equipment, people, and consumables for required output (in quantity and quality). Includes day to day operational management, as midterm and long-term (roadmap) forecasting;
- Specify and secure the training needs to enable the manufacturing group to build the systems.
- Feedback knowledge to D&E to ensure system design improvement, maintain the issue resolution escalation channel
- Responsible for people management and career development activities including recruiting, onboarding, training, mentoring, coaching, and performance evaluation.
- Responsible for resource management working with Project Leaders to anticipate program staffing and skillset needs
- Create review mechanisms and reports to ensure all stakeholders and management team are aligned on facts, actions and help requests.
MSc/BSc of Physics/ Electrical Engineering/Mechatronics/Electronics/Mechanical or likewise
- 5+ years of management experience in a technical field.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong English written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team and to senior management.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule.
- Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering).Strive to enable your team to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
- Ability to inspire and coach individuals and groups to achieve career development and performance targets.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Context of the position
Reports to TAB manager