You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you a problem solver, ready to work on some of society's toughest challenges? Always wanted to develop yourself within a highly dynamic environment? Then become a Test Engineer at ASML!
We provide leading patterning solutions that drive the advancement of microchips even further. Watch the following video to learn more about ASML and the advanced systems we produce: ASML IN ONE MINUTE.
Role and responsibilities
As a Test Engineer you’ll be – together with your colleagues - responsible for testing, calibrating, and customizing our highly advanced lithography systems and modules within a certain timeslot and in accordance with strict quality norms. Therefore your testing and troubleshooting skills will be invaluable in this role. Our department is working in a regular 5-shift schedule including night and weekend shifts.
As a Test Engineer you are also responsible for:
- Recognizing and reporting (structural) problems;
- Solving problems which may occur during testing, calibrating, and customizing our highly advanced lithography systems;
- Ensuring system progress by achieving an amount of tests guided by strict procedures within your shift conform planning and customer specification;
- Contributing to Pilot process, transition from pilot to volume production; identifies and reports expected bottlenecks and solves technical problems, if needed be in cooperation with the other disciplines;
- Making suggestions for improvement of products or production processes with respect to both existing and new products;
- Administrating information in SAP and reporting of the machine status in the machine logbook;
- Synchronizing, planning and executing manual adjustments. Inform Technical Support department in case of disturbances. Keep System Owner/Team Leader informed in case of disturbance in progress. Inform MH in case of material ordering or returning;
- Always complying with the ASML 5S and safety standard rules.
Education and experience
To help us tackle the technical challenges we face, you need:
- Secondary Vocational Degree (MBO+ with 1-3 years of experience) in: Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, Computer science, Applied physics, Aerospace engineering.
- Or Bachelor’s Degree (with 1-3 years of experience) in: Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, Computer science, Applied physics, Aerospace engineering.
- Hands-on experience in a high-tech production or customer service environment, e.g. electronics, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace engineering;
- Proven affinity with testing, assembling and troubleshooting is essential;
- Excellent communication in English; able to write procedure comments and transfer documents in English.
As a Test Engineer you are part of a multi-cultural team. As department we value mutual respect, teamwork, ownership, a proactive attitude and a continuous drive to improve. We are committed to all our customers and we are proud to strive for world class operations while having fun in our jobs. To further thrive as a Test Engineer, you need the following skills:
- Ability to work independent and in a team;
- Analytical and methodical;
- Able to work night shifts;
- High quality behavior on shift administration as being part of a continues improvement system to optimize processes;
- Eager to learn and expand your knowledge.
What do we have to offer?
The role of Test Engineer offers a unique and challenging job in which you have many opportunities for career growth. You’ll receive continuous training to develop yourself. Want to know more? Read ASML’s labor conditions and development opportunities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company. Find out more about working at ASML on https://www.asml.com/en/careers/working-at-asml
How to proceed from here?
Please note that we are not able to process your application without a dedicated Cover Letter and CV in English. Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.