29 days ago - req27085
Team lead Handling and Transport
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Join our H&T team today! Become a specialist in transport, assembly and lifting of high end machine parts and modules. This delicate job is covering everything that is required from the first assembly of the machine in the cleanroom in Veldhoven, all the way to installation, servicing and upgrading our machines at customer plants all over the world.
In the position of Team Lead Tooling , you and your team are key contributors to the Mechanical Architecture of our ASML systems. The goal of H&T group is to provide safe and efficient handling and transport solutions for ASML’s products and related goods over their full life cycle. Within H&T, the tooling team specifically is responsible for the definition of lifting and transport tools for safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective transport and installation of ASML systems and modules. As a Team Lead you’ll drive the efficiency of your people, processes and products, by using your technical, communication and teambuilding skills.
As a specialist you will be responsible for the design of lift and transport tooling within an international multicultural team. The following is part of your daily tasks:
- Being the Team Lead of a team of 3 – 8 FTE
- Build a trust based atmosphere
- Definition of lifting and transport tools for safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective transport and installation of ASML systems and modules.
- Secure the quality of a team of engineers and co developers creating designs, documentation and hardware.
- Translate high level specifications into feasible tooling specifications (concept design, choice of existing or new dedicated or universal tools, volume constraints, swap paths, inter modular interfaces, factory layout and constraints, costs, cycle time, hardware need dates).
- Create a deliverable based plan and support the project lead with the project plan
- Perform and guide risk analysis sessions.
- Farm out development of tools to co-developers and manage changes and refinements in specification as well as working to receive 'first time right' designs.
Master in Mechanical Engineering or a similar technical master degree.
- 5-10 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in management in a technical high-tech environment.
- Several years of experience in a multidisciplinary technical environment.
- Knowledge of tooling design, safety legislation and FMEA processes.
- Be able to read, understand and interpret complex English documents, such as legislation and standards.
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Critical thinker
- A safety mindset
- Helicopter view without losing the in depth details
- Assertive, able to found and defend a point of view
- Influence without power
Context of the position
The group Handling Tools & Transport Systems (H&T) is part of Development & Engineering group (D&E) and is part of the Mechanical Development cluster (MDEV) within ASML. The H&T group is responsible for the specification, definition, realization and qualification of all handling and transport tools and packaging for ASML machines. You will be reporting to the Group leader Handling & Transport.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.