30+ days ago - req27193
Digital Platform Project Lead – Customer Support
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Do you know what engineers in the field need to execute their services? Can you design and build a service? Do you know how to start executing a project without a clear scope? Can you translate risks and issues of late and missing deliveries into containment requirements? Are you able to set-up, operate processes and how to hand these over to a line organization? Can you manage change and influence without power? If so then the role of Digital Platform project lead – customer support is the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. Within CS the New Product Introduction (NPI) Virtual Computing Platform (VCP) department manages the introduction of new technologies on VCP systems into the ASML worldwide service organization. To execute field introduction of new products the NPI department has the following responsibilities:
• Manage Service requirements and secure embedding into the design;
• Create, align, plan and implement manpower blueprints with appropriate buffers to ensure site readiness;
• Set up and operate processes to measure, diagnose, solve, implement solutions for people, products and processes;
• Drive performance and cost to target by consolidating and eliminating buffers;
• Facilitate operational performance of products after 1st shipment by managing projects to improve performance when service level agreement commitments are not met;
• Create CS Key Decision deliverables for cross sector approvals for all of the above.
By realizing this mission we ensure that the worldwide service organization can execute service delivery to meet customer Service Level Agreements at the agreed cost targets as defined by the Business Lines.
As the Digital Platform PL – customer support, you take ownership of and are responsible for one or more NPI sub-project(s) supporting the introduction of new systems to the field. This includes the standard New Product Introduction deliverables as well as the organizational and infrastructure changes required. Throughout the different phases of the NPI sub-project(s) you will execute different roles:
As a “Service Manager” you will:
•Ensure that requirements from the field will be taken into the design and in the development of the Service Mix (Tools, Procedures and Spares);
•Translate requirements into costing information (NPI, Installation & Warranty);
•Track requirement compliance. For non-compliances you define containment requirements and ensures risks are mitigated;
•Define & plan service related solutions (included Operational Level Agreements (OLA);
•Set-up and operate issue intake and solution roll-out processes for all targets (Extreme Long Down, Dead On Arrival, Parts usage,…). For these processes you align handover criteria with the line organization to migrate the execution of processes from the project to the line organization.
As a “Project Manager” you will:
•Ensure that the field has the required information to prepare itself (blueprint & buffers) and drive execution by the Field and by the sector PLs and report status;
•Drive the Service Mix development units from specification to delivery and finally the validation of the delivered quality as a demand manager;
•Generate the CS Key Decision deliverables for the Product Generation Process to ensure cross sector approvals for all the NPI services;
•Manage with support of Start-up Equipment Support (SES) Engineers the Intro & Upgrade Support projects;
•Work together with several different groups within ASML: System Engineering, Development & Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Product Management and of course with the Field. Within the stakeholder groups you get things done by convincing people rather than using power.
As a “Change Manager” you will:
•Manage the analysis of performances to ensure the definition of a roadmap towards targets. For the roadmap the you ensure a change plan will be formulated and executed;
•Drive costs to targets by eliminating buffers (e.g. remove overstocking and reduce Man Machine Ratio);
•Feedback experiences and lessons learned towards the respective teams.
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in electronics or software engineering development.
• Extensive experience in project management for introduction of new product;
• Previous involvement in multi-functional and complex stakeholder management projects;
• Strong background in software development with experience in development but especially roll-out of software solutions. Previous involvement in high-tech industry is a plus.
• Strong influencing skills: able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization;
• Creative, reduces ambiguity with a focus on customer requirements;
• Strong consultative communication skills (multi-cultural and towards different levels);
• Solid service, process, project & change management skills;
• Strong technical background with a drive towards solutions delivered in time;
• Excellent analytical skills when facing technical and operational challenges;
• Capable of conceiving and maintaining ‘global’ overview;
• Work very independent but well aligned in teams of multiple PL’s reporting into one CS.
Context of the position
As a Digital Platform PL – customer support, you will report directly to the CS Apps Metrology & Patterning Control Program Manager.
Willingness to travel internationally up to 20%
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.