30+ days ago - req27122
Engineering Internship: Generative method of data generation for overlay control applications
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering, Mathematics, Physics
Do you have experience in MATLAB, signal processing or statistics with a basic understanding of object oriented programming? Then this assignment could be interesting for you!
In Business Line Applications, we create application products that run in most modern semiconductor fabs in the world. Our department (D&E PWC) develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules in products used to monitor and control of on-product performance under high-volume manufacturing conditions.
The development of our control products require high amount of customer data (which we don’t always have sufficient access to). We want you to help us develop a methodology to generate relevant artificial data that can be used for our control product developments.
- Literature research for new methods to describe temporal and 2D spatial frequencies in data.
- Develop a method to describe spatial frequencies over a wafer with non-uniform sampling.
- Develop a method to describe temporal frequencies of different spatial content over multiple wafers/lots.
- Implement these methods in MATLAB and use them to extract temporal/spatial frequencies of actual customer production data.
- Generate new artificial data with the same properties as customer production data.
• You are a student in a field related to Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering.
• Experience in MATLAB and signal processing or statistics is required.
• Basic understanding of object oriented programming is a nice to have.
• You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
• You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
• You take ownership, take a pro-active attitude with result focus and have a can-do spirit.
This is a Bachelor apprentice or graduation project or a Master apprentice internship for minimum 3 days a week with a duration of a minimum 4 months. The start date is as of September 2021.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
What ASML offers
Your internship will be in one of the leading Dutch corporations, gaining valuable experience in a highly dynamic environment. You will receive a monthly internship allowance based on your educational level and number of days per week, plus a possible housing or travel allowance. More information on the allowances can be found on our website. In addition you will get expert, practical guidance and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic, innovative team environment.
ASML: Be part of progress
We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems.
We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the applications to run them. Never satisfied, we measure our performance in units that begin with pico or nano.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. At ASML we are always pushing technology further.
Students: Getting ready for the real-world
Teamwork is key within ASML. Our R&D team is more than 5,500 people strong and worldwide we form one big team with over 25,000 employees. These colleagues have 123 different nationalities and work at our major sites on three continents.
Dozens of diverse, interdisciplinary teams work in parallel to meet a challenging development schedule. In this inspiring environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country, or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is your opportunity to get to know this world and get a feel for that excites you most. Use your education, gain real-life working experience and explore the world of high-tech – all at the same time.
How will you be part of progress?