28 days ago - req27105
NPI Product Engineer (CNC Programming and Glass Machining) - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
NPI Process Engineer in the ASML optical fabrication division focuses on CNC machining technology of new products in a manufacturing setting. The responsibilities for this role include new product introduction, process and technology development, conducting experimentation to optimize CNC machining parameters and gaining fundamental process understanding. NPI design engineers apply engineering theories and manufacturing experience to design production processes for complex, high precision components manufactured using specialty glasses, ceramics, and composites. This role requires a working knowledge of mechanical principles and an excellent understanding of 3D models, layout drawings, and engineering specifications and manufacturing processes for glasses and ceramics.
To be successful in this position, the candidate should be 1) adoptable to rapidly changing priorities, 2) be comfortable with dealing with uncertainty, 3) methodically troubleshoot process problems, 4) be able to work with less than ideal tools or processes early in the program, and yet work towards an ideal production process and 5) behave with personal integrity, and communicates effectively both in speaking andwriting.
- NPI Process Engineers require the ability to work independently and manage NPI projects from beginning to finish.
- Create establish manufacturing processes for complex components and create 3D models, drawings, MasterCam programs, manufacturing routers for all steps of manufacturing process sequence of new product introduction.
- Provide floor leadership in CNC machining of specialty zero CTE glasses by providing technical expertise and ensuring timely resolution of short-term process/equipment issues, and higher-level troubleshooting in a multi-functional team setting.
- Supports new product introductions through process development, process documentation and training.
- Capable of leading projects and get to root cause of manufacturing issues.
Require a minimum of Bachelor's in a Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of industrial experience.
- Require proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: Unigraphics/NX or Pro-E.
- Require proficiency in MasterCAM programming.
- Require proficiency in reading and understanding product drawing requirements and good knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Require minimum 5 years of hand-on work experience in a manufacturing setting using CNC machines to manufacture complex components.
- Required proficiency in reading and understanding product drawing requirements and good knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Hands-on experience in glass machining with particular focus on zero CTE glass-ceramics for high precision stages and chucks is preferred.
- Previous experience with CNC equipment, especially with DMG systems equipped with ultrasonic machining is preferred.
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, independent, focused, detail oriented and good communicator.
- Enjoys working in development environment with evolving requirements, process troubleshooting, and exploring new technologies.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability