11 days ago - req27161
Senior Safety Specialist - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML Wilton is seeking a highly-motivated Sr. Safety Specialist who will provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of Workplace Health & Safety Programs. The Sr. Safety Specialist supports day-to-day operations and compliance by managing several OHS programs. The Sr. Safety Specialists will play a key role in maintaining compliance, the incident reporting and analysis process and work closely with Supervisors and Technicians to develop and implement corrective actions preventing reoccurrence. With the committed support of ASML Wilton and ASML Corporate Management, promotes a culture focused on safety and injury prevention to maintain and implement best practices for a comprehensive Safety Management System.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Improve OHS workplace performance by promoting an incident-free work place, identifying and mitigating safety risks and implementing safety.
- Development and implementation of programs and procedures to assure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local occupational safety standards and ASML Corporate requirements.
- Conduct compliance audits and guide teams with implementing corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Conduct risk/hazard assessments, ergonomic assessments, etc. as needed to reduce workplace injuries.
- Lead safety incident investigations, work with key stakeholders to develop root cause analysis, and identify corrective actions.
- Project management and coordinate implementation of actions which drive continuous improvement. Verify the appropriateness and effectiveness of action plans associated with incidents, JHA’s and audit findings.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in Electrical Safety in supporting stakeholders related to compliance projects.
- Consult, perform studies, research, answer questions and direct Electrical Safety operations and procedures.
- Routine internal reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual updates).
- Serve on ASML Wilton’s Site Safety Committee.
- Serve on ASML Wilton’s Safety Review Board.
- Support Hazardous Substances Management Program (new chemical approval, SDS updates, quarterly audits, exposure calculations, in-house hazardous chemical container labeling).
- Development and conduct of workplace safety trainings, field coaching, and assessment for safety performance improvement projects.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards and demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with ASML operations.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Safety preferredOther fields such as Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with experience in workplace safety compliance will also be considered or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 3 - 7 years in Occupational Health and Safety role.
- Experience: 3+ years in Electrical Safety is a plus.
- Recognized Safety Certification is a plus.
- ISO 14001 and 45001 experience a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal OSHA, State, and Local safety regulations.
- Knowledge of CFR 1910.302 – 1910.308, Design Safety Standards for Electrical Systems.
- Knowledge of CFR 1910.331 – 1910.335, Electrical Safety-Related Practices.
- Knowledge of International Product Safety, electrical Safety codes and regulatory standards such as CUE, IEC, ISO 13849, IEC 62061, ANSI/RIA 15.06, NFPA 70E, UL 508A, IEC 60204, etc.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety programs such as LOTO, Working from Heights, Confined Space, Machine Guarding, Laser Safety, etc.
- Knowledge of working with hazardous and highly toxic gases.
- Ability to assess and audit various workplace environments for potential hazards.
- Ability to interface with other departments and outside contractors or regulatory agencies in an effective and professional manner.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize under dynamic conditions.
- Ability to work flexible and/or varied shifts to ensure safety coverage as needed.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills; “solutions oriented”.
- Ability to wear a clean room suit, climb ladders and lift material up to 35lbs., as necessary (not a daily requirement).
- Proficient skills and effective use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability