30+ days ago - req27110
System Architect IT Software Platform
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
ASML operates in a high demanding, fast moving, dynamic and professional environment. Are you an experienced System Architect who is able to deliver an extensive automated infrastructure services that is complex in nature for ASML?
As a System Architect I define and communicate a shared technical and architectural vision for an Agile Release Train to help ensure the system or solution under development is fit for its intended purpose.
I operate mainly in the context of the ART, where I work with the RTE, CPO and Agile Teams and provide technical enablement concerning subsystems and capability areas for an ART.
In ARTs that are not part of a Solution Train, System Architects also perform many of the activities of Solution Architects.
Starting in this position means that you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Align architecture with customer requirements and business value ( e.g. operate within the economic framework to validate the economic impact of design decisions)
- Define and communicate architecture vision and intent for the ART
- Plan and develop the architectural runway to enable delivery success within the ART
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach team members during PI planning and execution
- Setup infrastructure requirements, designs and implementation in various projects
- I work with the Enterprise Architect and Solution architects to develop, analyze, split and realize the implementation of enabler epics
- I closely collaborate with my architecture peers in my competence
- I closely collaborate with the CPO and RTE
- I participate in Program Increment events/ Demos
- I collaborate with customers, stakeholders and suppliers to establish high–level solution intent for the ART
- I define subsystems/ interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Red Hat certifications
Our ideal candidate has got the following experience:
- 3+ years of experience as an IT Infrastructure architect
- Affinity with software development
- Taken up the responsibility to define the architecture roadmap
- Affinity with Automation/Orchestration with Puppet, Terraform, RunDeck and Jira
- Applications development environment like software version control systems (GIT) and issue tracking systems (JIRA)
- Virtualization technology such as Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and VMware
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows and Solaris
- Container technologies; docker and Kubernetes
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Agile- & Technical leadership & Stakeholder Management
- Pro-active willing to take ownership
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards automation.
- Hands-on and “can-do” mentality
- System thinker and strong decision maker
- Fluent in English
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
Within ASML, the Engineering IT Services Software (EIS - SW) group is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of integrated development, build, test and release environments of the ASML product software.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including
-Fixed 13th month;
-Attractive profit scheme (2018:18%)
-27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.