30+ days ago - req27208
Senior Lead Engineer (Qualification Tooling Support)
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Are you eager to manage technical complex challenges, further develop your leadership qualities by leading a small team of engineers and being part of the state-of-the art technology innovation?
Is it your strength to develop, integrate and upgrade complex tools required for qualifying complex modules?
Are you able to set requirements to design sustainable qualification tools? Do you understand processes, human safety and people behavior in complex manufacturing environments? Do you like to work multidisciplinary?
If so, then a job of Senior Lead Engineer in Manufacturing and Service Qualification Tooling at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
As a Senior Lead Engineer you take full ownership of the multi-disciplinary Qualification tooling developments and issues from start to end. You lead the team by coaching, motivating and inspiring, to achieve optimal results in a multidisciplinary environment. You take the lead in the support towards ASML specific qualification tooling at suppliers.
The Senior Lead Engineer reports to the group leader Manufacturing and Service Tooling.
You will act as Senior Lead Engineer:
- Take the lead in upgrading and repairing Qualification tools @ suppliers to meet updated module qualification requirements.
Manage the lifecycle of the Qualification tools, manage proactive the end of live and end of service of parts and software.
- Make sure that the right competencies are secured within the team and take care for the lessons learned, perform updates in way of working, strategy, training and development of tooling competence with respect to Q-tool development.
- As knowledge owner, take an important role in the development of complex qualification tools in parallel with the development of complex modules that require such qualification tools. Coordinate all required deliverables and dependencies between ASML, Qualification tool developers and users. Secure the quality of the qualification tool and its design deliverables; make sure that the qualification tools meet the functional, sustainability and safety requirements.
- Follow the ASML development process and outsource development activities to the most appropriate third party.
You will manage the Qualification tooling team:
- Structure the development and guide the team to achieve good quality results.
- Make sure the proper design processes are adhered to and improve where needed.
- Define and prioritize the activities to make realistic plan agreements.
- Setup and maintain the team plan and drive for results.
- Communicate clearly on the progress and needs to your stakeholders.
- Inspire, motivate, coach and develop the members of your team.
- Bachelor of Engineering with> 8+ years’ experience
- Affinity with software, electronics, mechanics, physics, computer networking, actuators and sensors.
- Driver’s license is mandatory
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in leading teams up to 5 engineers.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes.
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams to solve complex problems.
- Experience in supporting multi-disciplinary outsource development activities
- Experience with statistical processes related to measurement systems: preferably 6sigma, green belt
- Experience with software programming, preferably one or more of: C, C++, LabVIEW, MATLAB, Unix/Linux, Python, shell scripting
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting. Fluent in English.
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and steer a team of professionals.
- Structured and organized.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. keep overview during escalations.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out).
- Eager to drive own development.
- Eager, take lead and have a “can do” mentality.
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement.
- Broad technical and business interest.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification, the design and engineering of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Manufacturing and Service Tooling is responsible for the specification, engineering and qualification of tooling that is required for manufacturing and servicing of ASML modules (enabling e.g. precision adjustments, qualification, etc.)
The Senior Lead Engineer reports to the Group Leader Manufacturing and Service Tooling.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.