30+ days ago - req27367
Architect Optical Column Conditioning EUV
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering, Chemistry & materials science
You combine a strong analytical and conceptual mind with a pragmatic attitude. You are able to work independently in a dynamic and complex environment, taking the lead and inspiring your colleagues in going the extra mile. You possess a resilient personality, with both feet on the ground, qualifying you as an individual not easy to overlook. You see the big picture without missing the important details and you have experience with managing complex deliverables.
If you recognize yourself in the above, then we are looking for you! Join our enthusiastic and committed team in developing the vacuum solutions for our next generation of EUV scanners and bring ASML’s vacuum competence to the next level!
As a FC38 Function Cluster Architect we count on you to make us stay ahead of the game. You decisively take part in the construction and deployment of the FC38 function roadmap on our EUV products. Once the roadmap is laid out, you convert the FC38 roadmap into an architectural runway by assessing the business value of the proposals for the different platforms and identifying the opportunities for insertion in the product. All in alignment with your stakeholders, amongst which your co-architect community, marketing and SE. In consultation with them you work out the proposals into a proposed set of work packages for the next generations of products that can be picked up by the projects.
We are looking for an experienced Functional Cluster Architect to strengthen our team.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
You pro-actively find solutions and solution directions for (future) issues & concerns by early involvement with our customers. To secure the required profoundness of the proposals you actively search for and analyze the performance of our function in the field, always challenging our architecture looking for new opportunities to make the next performance iteration, whether Optics Lifetime, Defectivity or Productivity. Working towards a common solution where possible, obviously.
You bring multiple years of experience in the (gas) flow domain that provide you the firm background and seniority that you need to fulfill your role.
Last but not least, you are not afraid to jump in and help your colleagues if the situation demands.
- Creation and maintenance of FC38 EUV roadmap
- Preparation of pbs items
- Contribute to SDS
- Closing feedback loop - identify burning issues and work out into solutions
- Translate overall system design into a gas flow & vacuum architecture that secures the requirements for sustained transmission over the scanner optics lifetime and suppression of molecular and particle contamination
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of architecture or subsystem
- Be a critical partner to our internal and external customers; provide direction, advise and market solutions.
PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- 5-7 years work experience in industry in related area in technical complex environment, preferably at ASML
- Theoretical and practical experience in vacuum systems and applications related to the field of vacuum and sub-atmospheric gas flows
- Experience with vacuum component selection and vacuum system design
- Earlier experience in the semiconductor industry is a plus.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Stress resilient, able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- You can organize your work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- You are able to provide technical direction and motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Enthusiastic personality with a creative mindset and can-do mentality
- Stand your ground in discussions with your demanding customers and suppliers
- Good command of the English language (both written and verbal).
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the Vacuum Architecture group specifies, designs and delivers vacuum & gas flow based EUV scanner solutions and controls to secure high and stable EUV transmission of the optical column while protecting the in-vacuum optics, reticles & wafers from molecular and particle contamination.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.