19 days ago - req27383
Business Analyst Warehousing
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Logistics & supply chain management
To support our customers in the continuous operation of ASML machines in their chip production fabs, ASML keeps spare parts and tools in warehouses close to our customers. In total we have around 50 of these local warehouses globally. These warehouses are outsourced to Logistics Service Providers (3PL’s).
The Warehousing team is tasked to make sure the warehouses are ready to support our customers in the most efficient way, which means that all facilities are fit for purpose, with enough space, sufficient skilled manpower, using the standard way of working and beneficial commercial agreements.
The performance of the current warehouses is measured over several KPI’s (key performance indicators), of which for example on time delivery and productivity. It will be your responsibility to develop, improve and maintain warehouse reporting & tools. The tools are needed to guarantee an excellent performance of our 3PL warehouses. This will result in reduced costs and stable performance based on a robust forecasting report. You will work closely with the finance specialist to support the warehouse budgeting process.
- Develop, improve and maintain Warehouse reporting & tools
- Financial analyses
- Support ASML budgeting process
- Back up of financial control specialist
- Analyze the results of local warehouses
- Define with the 3PL, local ASML operations and ASML central a solid solution
- Chase the solution initiative to a controlled status
- Embed the new process, with the help of other LSO warehouse colleagues
- Build relationships with in- and external stakeholders, for example: Procurement, Logistics Suppliers, local Operations teams
- Support or manage warehousing projects
Master in Mathematics, Finance, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Analyzing and interpreting big sets of logistics data
- Experience in a Supply Chain or Logistics position is a pre
- Experience with Service Logistics and/or managing 3PL’s
- Project Management
- Process development
- 3 – 7 years supply chain experience with a background in Logistics
- Knowledge of LEAN or six sigma is a pre
- Cross functional team work
- Self-starter and finisher
- Good analyzing skills
- Project leader skills
- Intercultural experience/sensitivity
- Pro active
- Around 10% (1 week in Asia/USA in around 1,5 month)
- Business English verbal and in writing
Context of the position
A flawless distribution network is key for a smooth supply chain. Fast and flexible transportation networks, differentiated warehousing solutions and complex value-added services are some characteristics of our landscape. Different requirements towards our supply-chain due to development of our systems, the number of upgrades of systems on customer sites and the need for differentiated service level agreements drive the need for a flexible 3PL network. Hence the Logistics Service Operations department is responsible for managing and developing the supply chain / distribution infrastructure in line with business requirements and against aligned norms. A team of highly educated professionals drives the supply chain infrastructure towards 2020, focused on the rapid developments, based on market intelligence, innovations, business needs, 3PL performance and process analytics.
ASML Sourcing & Supply Chain (S&SC) is an industry-leading supply chain management organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration, plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. SCM plans up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So, with over 700 highly educated and motivated people, SCM must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely together with our technical departments and customers while actively managing an extensive supplier base.