21 days ago - req27386
Chief Product Owner SAP Platform ART
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
The SAP Platform Agile Release Train Chief Product Owner (CPO) is a key-role in the Corporate Platforms teams within Enterprise IT Solution Delivery. He/she independently functions as the IT Service Owner. The CPO is on one hand bridging the demand of the business for IT SAP Platform Services and on the other hand managing the delivery of the IT activity as agreed upon contract with IT Service Providers.
The SAP Platform CPO achieves operational excellence by shaping the right structures and processes in a high performing organization with business stakeholders, IT and Service Providers. The CPO is assuring the availability and performance of the SAP Platforms and its related services and manage the SLA’s from inception to retirement. It is the CPOs mission to guide the SAP Platforms team and Extended Service Providers from current ways of working into the SAFe/Agile way of working.
-Is responsible for all Operations of the platforms supported by the SAP Platform Agile Release Train (ART). In scope are SAP On premise and the SAP Cloud Platform / Business Technology Platform.
-Drives the IT-business relationship management on operations (OPS) level. Understands business priorities and expectations and guides (Chief) Product Owners and Release Train Engineers in their role in understanding SAP related OPS.
-Defines the vision of the SAP Platform ART and ensures the Product Owners understand the higher level vision to make sure that individual Product/Team Backlogs contribute to overall ART objectives.
-Manage and liaises the relationship with the Agile Release Train’s business (Information Officers, Business Process Owners, Key User Organization) to channel the demand (also hosting) towards the Service Providers.
-Ensures the Program Backlog is visible, maintained, prepared, documented and prioritized.
-Together with the Product Owners (PO), details out the ART Roadmap with detailed focus on the next 2 quarters and an overall planning horizon of 6 quarters (planning and forecasting).
-Aligns with Chief Product Owners of other trains to contribute to the overall ASML Data & Analytics roadmap.
-Service portfolio management:
-Accept new and changed IT services requested by Agile Release Trains (ARTs) for the domain of the SAP Platform ART scope.
-Provide insight on the overall performance of the service delivered together with Service Management of the External Service Providers.
-Develops together with the Leading coalition of the Agile Release Trains and IT-Group Lead a (long term) roadmap for the services of SAP Platform ART as part of the Corporate Platforms roadmap.
-Defining and managing service level targets and ensuring that services are delivered and improved in line with agreed targets and expectations.
-Managing dependencies and expectations from multiple service providers and shape the end-2-end processes smartly to provide a single business-facing SAP Platform service to the max.
-Provide an escalation and arbitration level for service issues and service integration issues for the services in scope. Acts as an escalation level for SAP Platform OPS.
Manages the transformation from current way of working in a split delivery and operations organization to a SAFe/Agile way of working.
-Defines improvement plans and optimizes the performance of the services with the Group Lead of Corporate Platforms.
Tasks (not extensive):
-Chair the business service performance review with External Service Providers on a monthly basis.
-Chair the operational service provider meetings.
-Create and maintain service roadmap during entire life cycle of service.
-Contribute in commercial contract management of contracts, external service providers and delivery models.
-Partners with procurement team of ASML where needed on negotiating pricing and service descriptions of new and changed services.
-Takes part in product increment planning meetings of ARTs when related to OPS processes and changes and supports the development of the processes according to the needs of the ARTs.
-Deploy the governance model, processes, communication and reporting structures within the SAP Platform ART.
-Controls and manages per service the financial budget amongst the rolling forecast, expenditure and initiate cost saving improvements on services.
-Functional manage the service managers of the Service Providers.
-Review the service SLA’s at least once a year and adjust KPI’s in agreement with ARTs.
-Empowered to make decisions within the provided budget related to the SAP Platform Services.
-Empowered to make decisions regarding service improvements and quality within agreed boundaries.
-Empowered to approve emergency changes for the associated service when needed.
-In case of escalation to act upon End-2-End ownership cross delivery teams (fix first, settle later).
- 7+ years of experience in relevant business and/or IT roles and at least 4 years of experience as a delivery or service manager (of equivalent) on senior level
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Proven experience of service strategy.
- Designing and implementing Service Integration and Management solutions.
- Content of contracts, master service agreements, governance schedules, price schedules, terms and conditions.
- Strong knowledge of risk and control frameworks like SoX, CobIT, ISO and financial processes like Forecast, Budget and Charge-out regime.
- ITIL Service Management processes.
- Experience as a (Chief) Product Owner in an SAP domain is preferred.
- SAFE/Agile skills / certification(s).
- Familiarity with transformation from non-agile ways of working to agile ways of working for OPS teams.
- Thinking strategically, creatively and innovative.
- Strong customer focus and customer facing skills.
- Taking and driving ownership.
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
- Challenges self and invests energy in order to achieve optimum results, even in critical settings and beyond own area of expertise.
- Stays focused in highly demanding circumstances and maintains personal effectiveness despite barriers, set-backs or in situations of high uncertainty; proactively adapts plans and behaviours to remain flexible and open to change.
- Manages change on process level and team, individual team member level
Context of the position
The SAP Platform ART CPO is working within the Corporate Platforms department reporting to the Group Lead Corporate Platforms. The SAP Platform ART CPO is closely working together with Release Train Engineers, Chief Product Owners, Delivery Managers, Service Managers, IT Directors and business stakeholders.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.