30+ days ago - req27351
Finance - Business Control Manager - Hsinchu
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
The business insight & control is responsible for working directly with ASML Taiwan’s Account Teams to support all financial and contractual aspects of ASML’s commercial operations in Taiwan.
• Be the finance partner to manage Taiwan account overall revenue and forecast. Working with Sales account team in commercial deals proposal, ensuring risks and rewards for ASML and customer are clear and mutually beneficial.
• Interface and align between sales account team, Central finance, Legal, and Tax to ensure commercial deal execution smoothly as well as Cash planning.
• Ensuring we execute on these deals by reporting compelling business insights, aimed at driving actions as opposed to informing us about the past. This can be broken down into 3 main activities: (i) Support target / objectives setting. Ensure the selection of relevant and smart objectives that support ASML long term value creation. (ii) Set up and consolidation of management information relevant to the organization’s progress against these objectives. (iii) Support corrective actions and intervention by managers to continuously improve future performance.
• Recommend and implement creative out of the box options and alternatives for improving the financial and contractual terms of sales proposals, as well as dealing with issue resolution that emerge while executing deals.
• Key financial objectives include ensuring we reach our guided revenues, margins and cash flows.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors or Masters degree with a concentration in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration, Professional Finance certification encouraged.
Extended working experience (> 10 years) in an international environment and preferably in a similar industry.
•Enjoys working with teams to make better decisions and holding them accountable for execution
•Offers people workable & creative alternatives instead of just saying no
•Able and willing to speak up and team player
Context of the position
This individual should also have a successful track record in developing and overseeing strong financial controls, planning, and analysis. Key competencies required include:
Exceptional Communications Skills – The individual must be an outstanding communicator with the members of the Sales account team, and other senior managers. This individual must have strong presentation skills (orally and written), but at the same time should be able to think on his/her feet, answer questions with the appropriate level of detail and understanding, and demonstrate a knowledge and grasp of the business to engender respect and trust. ASML is a company where ‘speaking up’, and dealing with direct feedback is critical to succeed.
Leadership Abilities –This involves active management of the business in real time, not just reporting the performance after the fact. They will question plans and results, pushing for improvements and enhancements, and challenging the management He/she will be a driving force within the organization for rigor, change, and continuing improvements.
Impeccable Values and Ethics – The ideal candidate will embody the strong corporate values of diversity, equal opportunity, attention to individuals and people, and commitment to local communities.Respect for individuals and proper treatment of all people are hallmarks of this company.The individual will be committed to developing, training, and promoting individuals to more senior and broader responsibilities.He/she will have a clear demonstrated track record of motivating, and retaining a financial team with outstanding financial skills and operating perspective.
Team Building Skills – The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between managers, peers and subordinates within the organization.He/she will is skilled in influencing people without power or hierarchical relationships. The individual in this role will be a team player who has demonstrated the ability to assess, attract, develop, coach and mentor strong talent.
Industry expertise – Knowledge of the Semiconductor industry is not a requirement. A fit with ASML corporate culture (speak up, also to senior management), and meeting the creativity and problem solving requirements are much more important than any knowledge of the Semiconductor industry. A curiosity to learn to understand the industry is essential.
Result oriented team player with business sense, proactive and communicative personality who is able to act as a professional business partner in a demanding and very busy technology environment. Other important skills are influencing without power, analytical and consultancy skills. Good understanding of and speaking the English language is required.
•Company core values are Challenge, Collaborate and Care
•Frequent interaction with European counterparts, requiring cultural awareness and flexibility in dealing with different cultures.
•Fluent in written and spoken English.
•Sets up and monitors quality framework for own area
a. Hands on / Getting things done;
b. Show ownership for solid results;
c. Continues drive for improvement;
•Show flexibility: Maneuver easily in a dynamic / changing environment;
•Self-supporting and outgoing; (re)act on issues (self-starter);
•Be able to convince others and show the ability to deal with resistance;
•Strong analytical skills:
a. Discover new solutions through analytical, interpretive and out of the box thinking.
b. Show ability to oversee processes
c. Be able to join and merge various figures and detect misalignment