30+ days ago - req27334
Mechanical System Layout Architect
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Do you get energy from taking ownership of a full mechanical system scope? Do you have a strong drive in improving the manufacturability and serviceability of a system? Do you like creating smart mechanical layout solutions and being critical towards projects? Then this function fits very well to you!
Define and validate the optimal layout of the mechanical system. Define budgets, find creative solutions (together with system engineering and other stakeholders) such that the machine will meet both its performance and industrialization requirements within these budgets. Secure that the ASML machine can be manufactured, build, transported, installed and serviced in an efficient and robust way. Do feasibility and concepts studies on new hardware that will be added to the systems.
- Create budgets on mechanical architecture (volume, mass, tolerances, manufacturability and serviceability)
- Perform mechanical system layout, volume, mass and tolerance studies and checks in order to find solutions for new functionality and module changes
- Validate concept changes, prescribe and validate tests on these topics
- Act as an architect in the interaction with the projects
- Perform regular reviews with projects:
- Get agreement on mechanical system layout
- Identify and solve cross-project layout issues
- Review project concept proposals on industrialization aspects (manufacturability, serviceability, modularity)
- Check and secure that these aspects can stay within their volume, mass and tolerance budgets
- Cooperate with the factory, identify and drive improvements on integration (manufacturability & serviceability)
- Support factory & field in case of issues related to the layout of the mechanical system
- Own the full scope of mechanical architecture on production module level
Academic level of thinking with a background in Mechanical Engineering or likewise
- At least 3-5 years relevant working experience as architect, preferably in complex industries like automotive, defense and aerospace
- Experience in validating and managing layout machines or complex products
- Experience with tolerance calculations
- General knowledge of CAD modeling
- Helicopter view, can easily determine priorities and main risks
- Team player on all levels (other projects, system engineers, architects, management, factory engineers)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical and high drive for quality
- Highly pro-active attitude in getting the information (thinks ahead, regular go to clean room, talk to people in projects)
- Good analytical skills, structured way-of-working
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department EUV scanner is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
You will be part of the Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team does not deliver hardware themselves, but has an overall responsibility during the whole V-cycle, that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.