19 days ago - req27322
Product Engineering Change Specialist (Configuration Management) - Guaranteed sign-on & relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires state of the art teamwork by all disciplines. Smooth implementation of new and changed hardware, introduced on a daily basis, is crucial for the business. This requires an effective process, coordinating the change requests through the product life cycle and securing the efficiency and profitability of ASML’s business. A ‘product change process’ is currently being rolled out in phases, thereby also changing aspects of the ASML organization. Do you want to take a role in this? Do you visualize yourself as the light in our change machine? Then this could be your next job!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML’s technologies require multidisciplinary engineering. Cross-sector teams create change requests based on improvement ideas, problem reports and customer requests. These teams need optimal guidance and coordination. Your job is to steer for a complete impact analysis and business case for each change request. The analysis and business case should cover aspects from engineering, supply chain, ASML factory and customer service. The product changes also include implementation strategies through the product life cycle. You will support a multidisciplinary, cross-sector team to create this. Furthermore, you will chair a “change board” meeting with cross-sector representatives, where the prepared change requests are to be discussed and accepted before the work planning will be started. Your tasks will be:
- To manage the quality of the impact analysis and business case for change requests.
- To manage on realistic implementation strategies.
- To organize and chair the Change Board meeting, managing multiple stakeholders.
- To manage on clear decision making and decision recording.
- To steer for an optimal and agreed balance between cost, time and quality of changes.
- To manage on a minimal processing time of any change request, while balancing quality.
- To coordinate and coach the members of the change board on the ASML product change process and how this process is evolving.
- To monitor the implementation of changes.
- To contribute to the implementation and development of configuration management (CM) including supporting the professionalization of the team of change managers.
- To provide input on CM set-up (baselines, product plan) in an early stage of the ASML Product Generation Process (PGP).
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5 years of work experience, of which at least 2 years of experience in new product introductions.
- Experience in organizational change management.
- Experience in a role combining analytical and conceptual skills with business sense; ability to compile a business case while dealing with many uncertainties.
- Experience in operations; ability to foresee impact of changes.
- Configuration Management certification (CMII module 1-4) is preferred.
- Natural leader, outgoing, easy to be approached.
- Emphatic, can build a coalition.
- Focus on structure, prioritization and decisiveness, remains persistent until the goal has been reached.
- Demonstrate effective, constructive cooperation, gives feedback and can highlight the learnings.
- Can make a work breakdown, paving a path to a longer term goal.
- Analytical and creative skills.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability