30+ days ago - req27321
Release Train Engineer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Do you want to drive technology innovation and make the difference? Can you lead, coach and inspire an agile release train of about 120 software and functional engineers?
Within ASML the Release Train Engineer (RTE) is the recognized Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) expert and competence owner, who orchestrates the agile teams through the ceremonies in an Agile Release Train and helps the train to deliver value. The RTE together with the Chief Product Owner ensures great performance of the train and provides full transparency on what is going on in the ART. The RTE has regular communication to teams & stakeholders and ensure stakeholders are being managed and teams stay engaged.
The Release Train Engineer is essential in delivering our deliverables in time, with great value for our customers. You'll be responsible building a performing train; for organizing the Agile release train ceremonies and making sure that the agreed upon deliverables are delivered. You'll reach this target by coaching teams to optimize the development processes and by coaching and developing Scrum Masters. Furthermore, protecting fast delivery by removing impediments and dependencies, safeguarding delivery excellence by keeping the Agile release train stable and shielding it from external interferences.
You'll be working very closely with multiple internal and demanding stakeholders like architects, product owners, software managers, project managers and of course your team of Scrum masters and the teams they facilitate. The Release Train Engineer is responsible to ensure that existing Agile release train runs in the most optimal way for fast and high quality value delivery.
Some of the challenges you'll face in this role are:
- Committed delivery of the ART, creating transparency and alignment by facilitating agile rituals (PI Events Scrum of Scrums) and ensuring stability by continuous collaboration with the Group Leaders, PO’s and Scrum Masters;
- You’re responsible for the ART performance and will closely monitor the predictability, efficiency and employee engagement. Wherever possible you’ll think of continuous improvements around these topics;
- You are responsible for the delivery of ART completed stories, the program increment plans, the track status of the objectives on ART level and an up-to-date risks and impediments sheet;
- The transparency of the train performance (data driven) is key to monitor closely. What goes well, where do we need to improve and more importantly, how can we improve? You’re the continuous challenger of our teams and know how to keep our teams engaged into working towards the common goals;
- The admin side is always present, you are tasked to support with the team performance reviews, having a look at our team structure and our team staffing needs as well.
- At least 2 years of experience as an RTE/SM;
- Background in development in a technical (production) environment.
- A Msc. degree in:
Change Management orBusiness administration
To be successful in this role you'll need to excel in the following skills:
-Have strong coaching skills & sharp observer;
-Able to explain and defend the values of SAFe;
-Organize energizing SAFe ceremonies;
-Change leadership, continuous improvement and process management.
Context of the position
The amount of FTE in your scope as Release Train Engineer will be across 1-4 teams and approximately 120 FTE.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.