4 days ago - req27454
Senior Manager Operational Excellence
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Do you have a passion for people and continuous improvement? Are you up for a big challenge and want to make a difference for 12.000 people across ASML Operations?
Are you willing to take a pivotal position in ASML to shape and drive the next phase of Operations Excellence in the company that is all about Acceleration and Impact?
Are you excited by combining a broader perspective with hands-on activities and interventions in the sectors? Do you bring experience in operational management and understand the dynamics of making things work in real life?
Are you a strong influencer who can mobilize and challenge teams at all levels across ASML’s Factories, Supply Chain and Customer Support? Are you result oriented, pragmatic and want to join our ambition to unleash the potential of everyone improving every day?
Are you ready to drive continuous improvement in a more integral way, uniting and leverage LEAN with other improvements capabilities and centers of excellence across ASML?
Then you may want to join our team!
As a Senior Manager Operational Excellence in the central OE team you take ownership for driving the lean transformation in ASML Operations to the next level. The goal is to realize Operational Excellence by growing the capabilities of the organization and delivering performance improvements. You create a cultural of continuous improvement by everyone. You use lean to accelerate our transformation and focus on impact, leverage lean methods and boost shop floor engagement and development of lean leadership,. You believe in Lean, not as a goal in itself, but as a means to improve the performance and the capability of the organization
You actively participate in the Central OE Team and work with the Operational Excellence and Lean leaders in the business to ensure that the performance impact & maturity ambitions are realized and best practices are implemented and embedded in a learning organization.
- Co-drive the lean transformation with lean deployment leads, operational excellence managers and line management to create an environment where continuous improvement is the norm;
- Enable our senior leaders to execute their accountability in driving lean to the next level, providing regular reporting on impact, maturity and best known methods adherence to group leaders and project leaders;
- Support our lean deployment leads and leaders to establish a culture of leading and collaboration and thereby focus on improving KPI performance and solving problems sustainably;
- Lead business interventions and projects, identifying and/or solving business critical problems in a way that delivers high (euro) impact in a sustainable way;
- Integrate, align and team up with other Operational Excellence activities, creating a more integral approach to continuous improvement in ASML
- Improve transparency on performance, communicates impact messages in groups and on department level. Facilitates the feedback loop and lessons learned in the various departmental groups and competences;
- Develop and lead change management activities that establishes a culture of continuous improvement;
- Act as challenger and catalyst in changing leadership behavior; act as an recognized sparring partner for leaders and lean deployment leads;
- Respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking.
Master Degree level education. 10+ years of experience in operational management, Lean Six Sigma Green or Black belt is a plus
- More than 10 years of relevant work experience in (technically-driven) international organization.
- Over 10 years of relevant experience as project manager, program manager or line manager.
- Proven track record in operational excellence, change management and leading transformation programs
- Experienced in applying lean and other Operational Excellence methods and tools (Lean / Six Sigma/process improvement, quality management)
- Experienced with business interventions, that result in shifted perspectives in performance opportunities and/or leadership engagement
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
Proactive, Eager, pragmatic
required transition of the characteristics of the team: increase result orientation, catalyst for changing leadership behavior, business acumen, change interventions, solving power, address business critical problems, pragmatic, hands-on, guidance, connecting, shaping, experience, seniority, business partner
- Self-propelling - learning & improvement mindset and change management;
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude & hands-on mentality with focus on results.
- Able to collaborate across all levels of the organization with an open attitude, eager to learn and share learnings;
- Excellent stakeholder management and team leader skills, ability to persuade and influence senior stakeholders and continuous improvement professionals
- Ability to manage complex relationships between various professional disciplines and organizational levels;
- Excellent ability to manage change, overcome resistance and persist in achieving mission;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good listener & the ability to present information verbally and written;
- Speak up and have courageous conversations, emphatic & able to connect people to the bigger picture;
Context of the position
You report to the Global Director Lean Transformation in the department Operations Strategy and Excellence (OSE)
You are part of the Central Lean team, consisting of Senior experts and program managers
You are part of a team of Lean & Operational Excellence Leaders from all sectors in ASML Operations
- ASML strategy is to combine its strong Technology Leadership with Operational Excellence
- The Staff in Operations has chosen Lean as the method to drive Operational Excellence in ASML Operations (~ 12.000 people, covering Manufacturing, Customer Support, Supply Chain & Sourcing)
- Staff Operations has assigned the central lean team at OSE to drive and coordinate this journey in a program approach including a competence center (best practices and best known methods standardization)
- Lean methodology has been successfully installed in 75% of ASML, a lean community is in place in all sectors and the average maturity level is 2.3. Besides sustaining that, the next phase is about acceleration and impact, building on this fundament. Make things more effective for shop floor and leaders and have more performance orientation (impact). Next to that there is a great opportunity and need to unite continuous improvement initiatives to a more integral OE approach in ASML
An online assessment is part of the hiring process.
Only applications with resume and motivation letter are being taken into consideration.