18 days ago - req27532
Connectivty Domain Architect
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in the United States, China, Taiwan, Korea and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands employing over 19.000 people.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the Competence Center Operations & infrastructure (O&I) providing all, mission-critical, IT support services. This not only includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops and desktops, telecom services, network and datacenters but also the IT applications which are used within ASML.
As a Domain Architect Connectivity your job mission is to ensure that the enterprise architecture is implemented in the global connectivity domain defining services and solutions which enable ASML to move forward in a high demanding, fast moving and dynamic environment.
As a Domain Architect Connectivity you are responsible for the further development of the enterprise architecture within the connectivity domain. You will act on both a tactical level designing, documenting and communicating solutions that meet business requirements and which are in line with the enterprise architecture standards and guidelines as on a strategic level, identifying and designing the future state of the global connectivity domain.
As a Domain Architect Connectivity you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Consult in the identification and refinement of business requirements, and functional specifications of projects and programs
- Design, document and communicate business solutions in connectivity area according enterprise architecture standards and guidelines
- Embed the enterprise architecture standards and guidelines in the connectivity domain
- Define complementary principles within connectivity domain, such as the lifecycle management policy, providing guidance to Technical Landscape Owners and Service Managers
- Collaborate with Domain Architects of other functions in order to identify impact and provide solutions of cross-functional architectural requirements
- Participate in enterprise architecture governance to identify and design the future state of the global connectivity domain
- Identify weaknesses in the current connectivity architecture and propose and develop improvements
- Provide consultation to internal business partners on architectural options, risks, potential cost saving options and technology changes in the area of connectivity
- Identify opportunities for reusable infrastructure components
- Bachelor or master degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid industry certifications such as Archimate and TOGAF
- At least 5+ years of experience in translating business requirements to architectural solutions in the area of IT infrastructure
- Broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs
- Sound understanding of connectivity technology, techniques and best practices
- Experienced in participating in complex projects
- Experienced in working in an environment where IT Service Management processes are used (e.g. ITIL)
- Analytical, precise, decisive, flexible and result oriented are key words
- Eager to stay knowledgeable on technical movements/opportunities within the market
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Operate with integrity
- Creative and innovative thinking
Context of the position
As a Domain Architect Connectivity you are a member of the IT Infrastructure Services team, part of the IT Operations and Infrastructure Competence Center of ASML. Within the position you will report directly to the Manager Plan of the Infrastructure Services team.
IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means a high demanding environment with unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.