8 days ago - req27589
Mechanical System Layout Engineer (Tolerance and Ranges)
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Do you enjoy having a broad full system scope? Do you also have a strong drive to improve the high accuracies of our machine with smart layout solutions? Do you have a critical approach towards design solutions created by other teams? If you said yes for those questions, then this role might fit you.
Define and validate the mechanical system layout of the machine. Together with experienced architects, secure that our machine can be accurately built, transported, installed and serviced in a robust way.
- Perform mechanical system layout studies (feasibility and concepts) on new hardware and modules changes that will be added to the machine.
- Specify and manage budgets for tolerances, volume and mass in order to find solutions for new functionalities and module changes.
- By defining and maintaining functional tolerance budgets, prevent integration and alignment issues due to large variances in modules.
- Secure that critical components (e.g. sensors) are positioned accurately with respect to their reference and to other components, such that the machine metrology can meet its best performance.
- Prescribe tests to validate concepts and the mechanical system layout (e.g. check clearances, accessibility, mass requirements).
- Cooperate with the factory to identify and drive improvements on integration
- Support factory & field in case of issues related to the layout of the mechanical system
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics or Optics with mechanical experience also considered)
- Experience validating layout machines or in the design of complex products - like cars, aerospace)
- At least 3 years working experience
- At least 2 year experience on ASML technology/machines (preferred)
- Mechanical tolerance calculations (statistical analysis experience is a plus)
- Experience with Siemens NX
- Experience on metrology is a plus
- Significant interest in “system overview”
- Helicopter view, can easily determine priorities and main risks
- Team player on all levels (other projects, system engineers, architects, management, factory engineers
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Good communication skills, easily communicates with other disciplines
- Sharp and assertive. Easily challenges colleagues
- Strong quality drive
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. You will be part of the DUV Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team does not deliver hardware, but has an overall responsibility for the Mechanical Layout during the whole V-cycle, ensuring that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.