30+ days ago - req27513
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Physics, Mechanical engineering
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced holistic- lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then,this might be the right opportunity for you.
ASML Research is looking for a Opto-Thermo-Mechanical Analyst who will strengthen the Flow, Thermal and Tribology group. The F&T group focusses on flow, thermal, contamination and tribological challenges for the next generation Holistic Lithography Tools.
(Opto)thermo-mechanical analyses and control become more and more important to meet the lithographic tool requirements to continue more’s law. As analyst you will work in a multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for the performance prediction and control strategy optimization of a complex opto-thermo-mechanical EUV machine module.
We are looking for a pro-active analyst who is able, or able to learn, to developopto-thermo-mechanical models of Machine modules this as input for the control or optimization of the tool performance. Within this project independent working and seeing the bigger picture are as important as the analyzing and modeling capabilities. Excellentcommunication skills are a must for obtaining relevant information and align results with stakeholders. Basic knowledge of COMSOL and/or Matlab are considered a must, knowledge of Zemax is a considered a pre.
- Collecting information also from different sources and identify their relevance for the opto-thermo-mechanic analysis.
- Setup and execute the numerical experiments, translate results to impact for system/module.
- Communicate results to the different stakeholders.
Technical University PhD or Master (with 2-5 years of experience) in Physics or Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering.
- Broad knowledge and or experience of thermal and thermo-mechanical modelling and design.
- Affinity with Optics and optical modelling.
- Experience working with Matlab and/or COMSOL.
- Open to learning techniques outside of the above mentioned fields in the future.
- Autonomous while drive to work and cooperate in a highly skilled team of experts towards a common goal.
- Inquisitive and strong personality.
- Pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The Research Flow Thermal and Tribology group is part of the Research department of ASML. Thetask of the Research department is to identify and fill the technological gaps in the roadmaps and to extend the holistic lithography roadmaps. We work in small teams and deliver a proof of concept that can be transferred to Development and Engineering. To achieve this we as well intensively work together with external research institutes and universities.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Industrial research, thermal, thermo-mechanical, opto-thermo-mechanical analyses and control predictive numerical analyses, optics , heat transfer,…