24 days ago - req27553
Power Electronics Engineer Customer Support
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Physics
Are you challenged by providing the best service solutions on complex systems? Do you have good analytical skills complemented with a technical background? We are looking for people like you to join our Competence Engineering Architect team.
The Competency Engineering Groups are part of the Customer Support (CS) DUV Engineering department. The mission of the department is to deliver the perfect service solutions for the ASML scanners & products, improve the effectiveness of our Maintenance, Install and Relocation operations in the field while reducing the costs.
We are looking for two engineers for this team. You will be part of Bottom and Layout cluster that covers difference competences such as Projection, Illumination, Fluid & Temperature, Immersion hood, Metrology and Software or Motion Control and Power Electronics, Stage Positioning Measurement and Dynamics.
You will be acting as an interface between CS Field organization and different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E), Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Manufacturing (MFG). You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions to not only meet the operational targets of our installed base but also to identify area of opportunities to optimize the service costs.
You become the point of contacts for the engineer in the field who recognize you as the technical expert that they can reach out for questions and follow-up of structural issues and solutions rollout. You need to make sure that CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (work instructions, parts and tools) and sharing knowledge. Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify the possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help with setting the right priorities. You need to define the direction for most optimized service solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E). If needed you support technical communication towards different levels of management and customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Build and maintain technical expertise for competences related to electrics and cooling, motivion and control, power electrics and more
- Perform in-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers;
- Quantify the impact of structural issues on the operational targets;
- Define and steer direction of efficient solutions for the Field organization on a technical level;
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer presentations;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience within a technical environment
- Experience as a field service engineer related to electronics, fluid and temperature, metrology, software and/or dynamics is a big plus
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Context of the position
Competency Engineering (CE) is part of the CS DUV Engineering department focusing on (technical) service engineering. This vacancy is within the Optics and Metro cluster and as part of the Architect Interface team the Competency Engineer reports to the group lead of this team.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems for their production process. CS Central is responsible to secure optimized support of the customer by providing knowledge, solutions and technical support to the field offices.
Please upload with your application a resume as well as a motivation letter.