28 days ago - req27528
In a nutshell
In April 2021 EXE started production of its first EXE prototypes.
The EXE will be built according to a production process where the EXE is split up into multiple Mini Machines (e.g. modular building), reducing cycle time because Mini Machines can be built and qualified in parallel.
Once qualified these Mini Machines will be internally transported to a build cabin. In these cabins each Mini Machine will become part of a full functional machine (system). This entire system is assembled, tested and qualified before being dismantled and leaving the cleanroom towards the customer.
In the future there may be a different approach taken where instead of assembling and qualifying the total EUV machine in Veldhoven, the Mini Machines will be shipped to our customers directly, after assembly and passing the Factory Acceptance Test. Final Assembly and System Qualification will then be executed in the field, at the customer site, instead of in Veldhoven.
Production starts in low volume ramping up towards 2025. Technicians will be cross trained to be able to work on multiple activities/competences. EXE will be organized as a LEAN Factory with Technicians working in a Natural team setup.
The sector Manufacturing & Logistics EXE is responsible for the production of scanners as well as for purchasing and logistics. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within this sector. The department Delivery Operations within Manufacturing is responsible for the assembly and classification of the various machines and modules of the ASML systems according to strict quality standards.
EXE (EUV Factory) Manufacturing is responsible for the Build, Qualification, De-assemble and Install of the Mini Machines and Complete systems. The Qualification department within Manufacturing is responsible for all the qualification milestones of the Mini and the Full Functional Machine and reports to the line manager/Team Leader.
The Qualification Engineer is responsible for the adjustment, testing and delivery of ASML products or (sub) systems according to agreed customer specifications.
The Qualification Engineer is able to provide support when new products are introduced into the production process, identifies/reports expected bottlenecks, is capable of investigating and solving technical problems and where necessary, in close cooperation with other disciplines, whilst maintaining the planned delivery times and quality. Escalates (technical) problems that cannot be solved by himself or the team.
Lays down product, process and measuring data in protocols and databases. Encourages and promotes a safe working environment and works in accordance with the 5S+1 principles.
Working in a new factory with a new team requires a flexible mindset, especially because volumes are low and of the ramp up in the first years. To optimally organize capacity, maximize learning and have an active quality feedback loop Qualification Engineers will also help out on different types of activities and might work in the first months in a different shift schedule instead of the five shift.
- Qualifying Mini Machines, Full Functional Machines in a broader perspective;
- Monitors the progress and reports at Tier1;
- Solves issues by following the correct escalation path;
- Addresses help requests;
- A clear shift transfer between shifts;
- Has knowledge of the complete Full Functioning Machine/Mini Machine;
- Initiates improvement activities regarding the design, execution, instructions, measuring and test methodologies/procedures and safety aspects;
- Signals and analyzes where a problem occurs and contributes to a structural solution (in corporation with technical departments);
- Actively hands on when no Qualification activities.
Bachelor applied physics, aerospace, mechanical engineering, mechatronics or automotive engineering.
At least 2-3 years hands on assembly and qualification experience in a high-tech production or customer service environment, e.g. mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace, electronics or automotive engineering.
In addition experience with diagnosis of high tech equipment.
Proven affinity with system assembling, testing and troubleshooting is essential.
Strong preference for experienced ASML Technicians including NPI introductions.
- Flexible mindset;
- Independent, pro-active, flexible team player;
- Analytical: Solving problems;
- Methodical: Can work according to standard work practices;
- Assertiveness: In the lead to process engineering and development;
- Eager to learn and expand skills;
- Willing to train and share knowledge and skills;
- Is fluent in English, both verbally and written; eg. able to write procedure comments and transfer documents in English;
- Conversational Dutch is an advantage.
Context of the position
- The Qualification Engineer reports to the Team Leader;
- Shifts: 5 shift and flexible in the field and during the first months, this consists of 2 early shifts, 2 evening shifts, 2 night shifts followed by 4 days off.
- Travel expectation is max 30% of the time to various customer locations (USA or Asia mostly).
We will only consider candidates who have uploaded their CV as well as a cover letter stating their motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.