17 days ago - req27520
Software Test Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We are looking for engineers who have a passion for testing software for a distributed control system.Join Cymer/ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.
You will work with software test architect and software engineers, you will create test cases and test plans, you will develop smoke tests, regression tests and software validation tests. You will determine the best test approach to ensure that delivered controls and software sub-systems meets all its functional requirements, by delivering automated test capabilities, employing best in class software quality management tools, ensuring complete software test coverage with the ultimate goal being the superior quality and on-time delivery of the controls and software sub-systems.
And you may ask, what does the control system software do?Well, the control loops involve data exchange at speeds up to 100 kHz while data collection for diagnostics purposes is done at up to 1Khz rate. There is interaction between control loops running on quad core boards and platform software that runs on IBM bladecenter. Data is stored on board in postgres databases and is shipped via the fab network to data servers in San Diego. And our graphical user interface developed using Qt serves a complex set of users - operators, engineers, scientists and customers. And we don't forget safety, the control system has a Siemens PLC to ensure both human safety is ensured and machine damage is prevented.
Come and join our journey and you will be challenged and rewarded as you work alongside a group of talented, passionate and fun-loving engineers. You can tell your friends –I work on semiconductor lithography machines that allow the printing offiner features for the next generation of chips that power the innovations in the worldtoday.
- Develop test strategy, test cases and test plans to allow delivery offully tested and high quality controls and software sub-systems for all EUV projects
- Develop test scripts (Python) for mechatronic systems, embedded control systems with complex algorithm software and data intensive systems with complex diagnostic and communication interfaces (EtherCAT, Profinet, TCP/IP)
- Work on automated tests that support various levels of testing of the product software – smoke, functional, regression and validation tests
- Determine means and then develop enhanced capability in testing environment that allows issues to be found during testing in a simulated/emulated environment rather than testing on the actual product
- Participate in software requirements, architecture and design reviews to provide testability input and to derive complex test scenarios
- Ability to trace hardware and network connectivity issues, and use basic tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and pulse generators
- Participates in the screening and selection of team members and in the mentoring ofnew team members.
- Work to meet the documented goals in the areas of test coverage and test effectiveness
Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related Eng/Science fields.MS or Ph.D in relevant field is a plus.
- Strong Python knowledge, Object Oriented Design principles and Test development for a complex distributed control system that has embedded and non-embedded elements.
- Ability to develop automated tests, test strategy, test cases and test plans to allow delivery offully tested and high quality controls and software for the distributed sub-systems and system as a whole
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines with agility and results driven approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Project leadership skills.
- Ability to follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans’ and engaging in work product reviews.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members as well as individuals in other disciplines and organizations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Some travel required
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
We are looking for software engineers who have a passion for designing and coding software for a distributed control system. Join ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability