11 days ago - req27673
Business Process Engineer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
As a business process engineer, every day is different. One day is devoted by business reporting
activities in which you gather information from several data sources such as SAP but also from team
leaders. You use this information to calculate KPI’s and support management in their weekly operations
and you see how the factory is managed. In the past you helped management to define those KPI’s and
to cascade them over different levels of processes. The next day could be all about your project at
Motion, one of ASML’s external production areas. You go to their facility and in the morning you prepare
for the workshop you are facilitating in the afternoon. The aim of your project is to implement a
sustainable cost reduction program at one of the work centers using the lean methodology. To make
your project successful, you need to keep in mind the interests of all stakeholders (from operators to Confidential
management). Other days, you are the independent sparring partner for management when you
calculate the required amount of FTE for a certain output plan you receive from the supply chain
management department. However, the ad-hoc questions from managers keep you busy as well. These
requests differ from making an overview of labor hours per type of machine to reviewing some work
instructions for standardization of disturbance management processes.
You will be working along all levels of the factory, from management to the operators on the shopfloor,
but you will have cross-sectoral stakeholders as well. Some tasks are more routinely and others are
projects or ad-hoc requests, however almost always in-depth analysis comes together with people and
change. Sometimes approaching several deadlines can be stressful, but in the end it is totally worth it
when you celebrate the successes with your team. Your team consists of other business process
engineers, project leaders and group leader support. This is a team of young, energized and ambitious
people who are not afraid of hard work and have one common objective: to improve operational
processes in the ASML Twinscan factory in Veldhoven.
As a Business Process Engineer it will be your main task to assist the TWINSCAN factory FAB
management team in making business critical decisions that allow our facilities to respond to the
dynamic semiconductor market and improve operational performance. Focusing primarily on ASML’s
TWINSCAN factory FAB department, you will need to explore the details of the factory’s organizational
structure and manufacturing and business processes and advise on tangible actions to deliver
improvements. You will be exploring resource planning (e.g. by coordinating regular plan cycles and
budget cycles) as well as manpower flexibility (e.g. shift schedules, hourbank models and other
instruments that in- or decrease manpower capacity). Finally you will help the organization maintain,
optimize and standardize its business processes. Finally you will act as an advisor regarding factory
performance and recognizing improvement potential for that performance.
Key areas of responsibility
- Resource Management
- Support FAB management in mid- and long-term capacity planning on workforce and tooling
and provide advice in decision-making on capacity.
- Performance Management
- Support FAB management in the design of performance metrics, such as KPI’s using multiple
sources and data sets. Give constructive recommendations for improvement based on
- Develop and implement BI dashboards, reports and tools to support business daily operations.
- Proactively analyze reports to communicate risks and opportunities and develop solutions which
allow the company to make data informed decisions and operate more effectively.
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Grow BPM understanding within the TF factory, provide insight into the production processes,
way of working and standardized documents.
- Maintain the TF FAB BPI Business Process Engineer work instructions.
- Share best practices and align processes with other departments and even other factories.
- Support daily management teams.
- Improvement projects
- Identify and communicate areas of improvement for both existing or new processes based on
your analysis of data, your evaluation of processes and the need for improvements on the shop
- Support or lead implementation of process driven lean improvements.
- Facilitate process related workshops (such as VSM).
Bachelor / Master degree in Technical Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or equivalent (E.g.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience in Industrial Engineering and/or Business Administration within
an operationally oriented organization. (E.g. with process modeling , process optimization,
factory analytics, business case calculations in a production environment)
- Proficient with other it-based tools in the area of production-control (Excel, SAP, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience with change management within production-organizations (pre)
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication (verbal as
well as written, in Dutch & English) skills.
- Willing to take ownership, and willing to take up the initiator role (‘Lead by example’ attitude).
- Pragmatic, result-oriented and hands on attitude.
- Able to convince, inspire and motivate people, over different levels within the organization.
- Adequate presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to convert complex (often data driven) matter to clear overviews and insights
- Strong analytics mindset preferred, with an ability to set up processes and structures.
Context of the position
ASML produces some of the most complex systems in the world for highly demanding customers in the
fast-moving semiconductor industry. To meet our customer commitments and be successful in what we
do, we need the best possible manufacturing processes and organizational structures.
The TWINSCAN Factory is responsible for the production and installation of TWINSCAN systems,
including planning and logistics. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes
place within this sector. The FAB department is responsible for Module Build through Install of all
TWINSCAN systems and the supporting departments required to do so.
The Business Process Engineer reports to the Manager Business Process Improvement
Please apply with a motivation letter.