10 days ago - req27609
Device physics architect
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
For a next step in ASML’s Applications roadmap we are looking for an experienced Mixed-Signal Design Architect to realize CMOS chip designs which can be integrated in our electron optical lens elements. Are you looking for a fast, dynamic environment? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch?
ASML is the world’s leading manufacturer of lithography systems. Our Delft-based location is focused on the development of Electron Optical Multi e-Beam inspection systems to support the growth of ASML technologies in a broad application area.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation, you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
For a next step in ASML’s Applications roadmap we are looking for an experienced electronic device physics architect to realize novel designs which can be integrated in our electron optical systems.
You are able to start off with a few requirements from a product roadmap or a coarse conceptual design and then lay out the architecture of our electron optical modules. You provide technical leadershipin a multi-disciplinary team both at ASML and with external suppliers (IC Design House, IC foundry) which will realize the designs with you. You also have relevant experience or at least some knowledge of advanced packaging techniques to integrate chips into a larger modules. You can design and troubleshoot CMOS circuits.
Our systems will be used in a production environment from day one, so manufacturability and short cycle time of design iterations, but also the applicability of the design in the field are crucial aspects.
At ASML-Delft we focus on development of electron-optical inspection tools. It’s a cost-competitive market, demanding fast iterations and high quality. In this challenging environment we need you to:
- Translate requirements on a product roadmap to reliable CMOS circuit design proposals.
- Bring technical leadership to the team.
- Drive the design process and collaborate with experts in the fields of electron optical design.
- Review designs, validating design assumptions, simulate where needed.
- Operate as a team-player in a cross-functional scrum team.
- Collaborate with the suppliers and the cross-sectors.
- Deliver documentation required to manufacture and qualify modules.
- You have a MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Semiconductor Physics
->5years experience with analog design and CMOS design
-Experience with device physics and packaging techniques
-You show good skills in technical writing, communication, and presentation techniques
- You are a team player, you like multi-cultural settings and you work for the success of your team and ASML.
- You are goal-oriented and self-initiating
- You don’t only raise issues but provide feasible solutions as well.
- You are hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic
- You speak and write fluently in English
Context of the position
You will be part of a group in ASML-Delft, but you will operate within a multi-disciplinary team delivering to project leads and other stakeholders.
This group belongs to the sector of Development & Engineering department of ASML, which is responsible for the specifications and designs of all ASML products, and has his HQ in Veldhoven.
You will be located in Delft, together with approximately 100 other colleagues with various disciplines. You are expected to be flexible to travel to Veldhoven incidentally when work requires. For these situations travel arrangements do apply.
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. We make machines that make chips. We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the software to run them.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
We offer you
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Commuting allowance
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A safe environment to experiment with what you learn
- A close network of other recent graduates and colleagues
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers