1 day ago - req27689
Experimental Research Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering, Computer science & software engineering
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then, this Experimental Physicist/ Engineer might be the right opportunity for you.
The Experimental Physicist/Engineerwill perform, improve complex experiments andprovide to the research team reliable experimental data, in order to expand the optical metrology capabilities.
- You are working in a research project developing new tools to measure on semiconductor devices.
- Executing experiments and performing preliminary data analysis, primarily by operating a complex metrology system through remote graphical user interfaces (Labview) and Python scripts.
- Presenting results and working closely with scientists to interpret data and come up with improvements.
- Optimizing measurements and data analysis framework by automation. Strong Python programming skills are very valuable for this position.
- Participating in project team meetings
MSc level.Engineering background,for example: Physics, Mechanical engineering, Computer science or other.
- 3 years of experience and strong affinity with performing experiments and working in a lab setting ( ideally) Python programming for automation and data analysis
- Precise, quality minded.
- Communicative, analytical, team player.
- Critical, focused on continuous improvement.
- Open to learn new (and custom) measurement techniques.
Context of the position
The position is availablein the Research department of ASML. The task of this department is to identify and fill in the technological gaps in the future roadmap of lithography and the lithography market. We work in relatively small teams and deliver proof of concept solutions that can be transferred to Development and Engineering.
The holder of the position reports to the Group Lead Light Sources & Plasma Physics.
experiments, lab automation.