23 days ago - req27665
Global Training Center Technical Instructor
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Shanghai - TCN, China
Other technical job categories
This position is within the CS sector. The CS Organization is responsible for the installation,
qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites
and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer
Support branches (Field Support) perform these tasks at the customers within their
specific region. The training department is the crucial link between the development department
and the thousands of colleagues working at customer sites worldwide and engineers
in Veldhoven performing this excellent support. The training department develops and delivers technical
training through 1000’s of training events yearly worldwide. Most trainees are from the CS and
Manufacturing and Logistics (M and L) sectors. About 10% of the trainees are customer
engineers. The training department has training facilities in Netherlands,China, Taiwan, Korea and USA.
You will train engineers on several levels:
Level 1: Introduction to the machine (functional overview and machine operation).
Level 2: Maintenance and Adjustments (major replacements, calibrations).
Level 3: Advanced subjects (troubleshooting and diagnosing).
Also, within our department you work in one or more projects supporting the learning needs of our customers.
Being in touch with several departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Global Support Centre, D and E and CS-FSE) you translate customer requirements into blended learning training packages as part of training material updates and maintenance.In addition to this, we will support other trainers so that they can perform their responsibility professionally.
As a Technical Instructor you will be responsible for delivering high quality technical training to engineers
from the CS sector. You will also be responsible for creating training solutions to issues reported
from Customer Support (CS) engineers in the Field. Along with the responsibility concerns
particular issues which can be solved by training and education of CS engineers.
Additionally you will work with employees from the CS organization to develop the training content for
Install Base Line to the CS Field Organization. You will be a member of the CS Training and Knowledge
Management Department (~80 employees worldwide). Our Training Centers operate in shifts that include
weekends and nights in class and clean rooms.
Takes the lead in pressing matters. Ensures sufficient personnel and a productive working environment
amongst the team to ultimately insure the desired level of flexibility. Recruits, scales in, evaluates,
promotes within the guidelines in consultation with the Group Leader. Delegates tasks within the team,
prioritizes and takes responsibility for the correct and timely fulfillment of his tasks from Training
delivery and content update for better Knowledge and Skill transfer to the customer.
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written English & Chinese
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability for analytical and abstract thinking.
- Teamwork, planning and organization skills.
- Able to work in shifts that include weekends and nights.
- Improvement Oriented mind-set- Able and willing to travel.
- Have a passion for training, teaching and learning.
- Business sense for possible new opportunities which add value to our core business.
(Technical) University (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Science field (ElectricalT echnology, Mechatronics,
Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science.
• Knowledge of people management and development required.
• Knowledge of safety procedures required.
• Knowledge on higher vocational level within specific areas of technology, combined with
min.5years experience in ASML
• Experience with customers and field operation / a good understanding of what a field operation
• Good knowledge of the English language, good knowledge of the Korean language is a plus
• Has relevant knowledge in managing projects.
• Knowledge of cultural differences.
• Leading a highly educated team of engineer