24 days ago - req27654
Mechanical Design Engineer (Imaging)
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Do you enjoy designing, building and testing mechanical systems? Do you want to expand your professional skill set into other disciplines? And do you enjoy interacting with many different people, enthusing them with ideas and motivating them to contribute? If so, this could be the ideal career step for you.
Your mission will be to make a positive impact on the entire company – because you will be working at the heart of the ASML machine, right in the light path. That’s one of the many reasons this position offers direct challenge and virtually real-time feedback job satisfaction. You will be expected to use not only your hard-skill technical expertise to engineer on a practical scale, but also your soft-skill people techniques to enthuse and motivate others. In addition, because ASML projects are always multidisciplinary, you will also be expected to develop new technical skills beyond you own area of expertise, so this position offers plenty of 360º professional growth. Which means that in addition to the challenges of mechanical engineering - designing,
building and prototype testing – you will also consider other factors such as electronics, software, environmental control and infrastructural requirements for example.
You will contribute to the development of products by specification, concept study, volume control, interface definition, design, mechanical calculations (FEM), drawings, qualification, integration and test execution of mechanical components or subsystems. In particular you will:
- Specify and design the (sub-)modules and/or tooling to realize the required performance
- To achieve this you will use state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective
- Store the BOM in our database according engineering change process procedures
- Drive the qualification of the design by specifying the tests, designing and realizing the test equipment
- Define and ensure that required prototypes are planned, built and tested.
- Deliver the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
Master in Mechanical Engineering, or similar.
- Well educated in the application of construction principles and accurate position principles.
- Ability to design concepts and a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into
practical designs that meet the specified requirements.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Siemens NX 7.5 or higher, Teamcenter 8.3 and SAP R3.
- Strong technical foundation with a pragmatic attitude.
- Creative thinking capability.
- Critical on results.
- Good communicational skills, team player.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.