30+ days ago - req27607
Project Leader - Mechatronics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
A well-rounded project leader in this position will drive delivery of precision mechatronics modules, product and system integration, and software functionality, all specific to ASML lithography tools. The candidate should have experience with the design and test of complex systems, preferably in the area of robotics and controls integration.
ASML is seeking an experienced Project Leader in Mechatronics to join the Wilton, CT development location as we break new ground in the emerging field of photolithography. As ASML pushes the boundaries of nano-technology beyond current state of the art, we have a need to develop high precision equipment while maintaining a focus on cost effectiveness and reliability.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Lead multi-disciplined development team of ~20 engineers to ensure in-spec, on-time delivery.
- Define deliverables for mechanical, electrical, software, mechatronic, and industrial engineers.
- Create detailed project plans including resource and material requirements.
- Manage project budget.
- Lead communication between project and program managers.
- Delegate tasks and maintain accountability of team members.
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Align and interface frequently with projects in the US, Netherlands, and Taiwan.
- Align with cross-sectors on regular basis to ensure on-time delivery.
- Engage with Group Leaders to secure necessary resources.
- Escalate blocking issues for team through the proper paths.
- Manage system interdependencies and impact of changes on own module and whole machine.
- Develop impact statements due to resource reallocation and scope changes.
- Assess and address technical and operational risks based on input of architects and design engineers.
- Coordinate external suppliers and developers involved in product design.
- Occasional travelto Europe, Asia and within the US can be expected.
BS (MS preferred) in a relevant Engineering field (Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years of experience.
- Good planning and analytical skills, ability to lead multifunctional teams.
- Proven professional success in prior project or task management.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills required including presenting results to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Able to “lead”, not just, “manage” a team.
- Ability to multitask and make quick priority calls on a daily basis.
- Relevant knowledge in one discipline (mono or multi).
- Ability to derive conclusions from analyses and make practical recommendations.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging / optical systems, semiconductor, or lithography preferred but not required.
- Customer-oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- Shows strong ownership and commitment.
- Clear decision maker.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability